5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Keyfob on 2021 longhorn limited

bcpcmd

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Longhorn limited diesel. Vehicle sat for a couple months and then the key fobs would not work (These are both after market key fobs but both worked previously). No start, No Doors, No Tailgate. Opened the door with the physical key and the alarm went off. Dash said key fob not detected. Charged the battery overnight and the message changed from key fob not detected to press start with fob. Tried using both keys to press start and nothing happened. I am leaning towards buying an OEM key fob but that means towing the truck to the dealer 30 miles away. Looking for any other ideas. I have also checked the batteries on the key fob batteries and they are reading 3 volts which is the voltage on the battery.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
First off it might not be your fobs. You will want to check for water intrusion at the rear of the cab. Lots of us have had issues with the rear window or 3rd brake light leaking water into the cab. Which for us also killed the RF Hub, resulting in symptoms very similar to what you are seeing. Hopefully that's not what happened. I don't believe your truck would fall under the warranty extension for the window and/or 3rd brake light leak issue, depending on build date of your truck.

Users who are viewing this thread