5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem after problem

Roval10

Reaction score
So i bought my 2019 Ram Laramie back in December 2018. I absolutely love the truck but its constantly give me something to think about. Heres what ive had happen so far:

-Navigation: i cant search an address and only get a “searching offline” text. This has happened send the day i bought it.
-Misfire: i had a misfire in cylinder 4 before it eve had its first oil change! Took it back to the dealership and they said there was an update needed for the PCM. Sounded odd but ok they fixed it.
-No sound: for about a week i had no sound. It would randomly come back and go off again. The problem went away and its been several months since it did it again (fingers crossed)
-Blue screen: when engaged in reverse the back up camera came up but in a solid blue screen and gave me an error coded. Made an appointment that night at the dealer, next morning good as new with nothing done.
-leather: leather on the seats seems to be loose and looks wrinkled. Now i know they wear down over time but at less then a year and at 8k miles, seems kind of odd.
-Key fob: just this weekend i couldnt unlock the door with the key fob in my pocket. The sensor wouldn’t engage so i unlocked it then had to use my fob to push the start button to turn on. This has happened to me twice now.

So my question is; is this bada** (pricey) truck worth all the hassle and trips back to the dealership?

• Angry
Reactions: BES

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It sounds like the majority of your problems (3 out of six) are due to a bad UConnect Head Unit....it happens. I had three UConnect NAV head units go bad on my 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad....that is why I don't have NAV now. There is a PCM update...I don't know if it will fix the misfire for you but it fixed my rough idle and hesitation. Leather wrinkles when you sit on it....a good leather softener may help but you will still get some wrinkling...especially if you are on the heavier side. Sounds like your key fob needs a new battery; maybe that fob has been sitting around for a year with that battery in it and its just dead.
Anyway, I'll agree that there are some issues with these trucks that are a hassle to deal with. However, I think if you take the time to detail your problems (I leave a detailed list with my service advisor) and that you find a decent service department; then you can get these things resolved. I don't take mine in every time some little thing occurs. I compile a list of things that need to be addressed and discuss them with my service advisor. If I took my truck in for each thing individually I would have probably had a dozen service department visits over the past year; instead I have only had three.

NHRoadking

Reaction score
It does seem like Ram has a lot of issues to iron out with this new version. Hopefully the 2020s do better.

• Angry

LouCap

Reaction score
So i bought my 2019 Ram Laramie back in December 2018. I absolutely love the truck but its constantly give me something to think about. Heres what ive had happen so far:

-Navigation: i cant search an address and only get a “searching offline” text. This has happened send the day i bought it.
-Misfire: i had a misfire in cylinder 4 before it eve had its first oil change! Took it back to the dealership and they said there was an update needed for the PCM. Sounded odd but ok they fixed it.
-No sound: for about a week i had no sound. It would randomly come back and go off again. The problem went away and its been several months since it did it again (fingers crossed)
-Blue screen: when engaged in reverse the back up camera came up but in a solid blue screen and gave me an error coded. Made an appointment that night at the dealer, next morning good as new with nothing done.
-leather: leather on the seats seems to be loose and looks wrinkled. Now i know they wear down over time but at less then a year and at 8k miles, seems kind of odd.
-Key fob: just this weekend i couldnt unlock the door with the key fob in my pocket. The sensor wouldn’t engage so i unlocked it then had to use my fob to push the start button to turn on. This has happened to me twice now.

So my question is; is this bada** (pricey) truck worth all the hassle and trips back to the dealership?

I get that same "searching offline" message, but it never seems to affect the end result. I have the 12" screen and every other aspect of the uconnect system seems to work fine.

• Angry

Users who are viewing this thread