5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pricing on 2019 Laramie / Big Horns?

nano404

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm looking into getting a used '19 Big Horn (or Laramie if I can swing it) sometime hopefully by the summer. Has to have crew cab, Hemi, 4WD, and eTorque, unfortunately those are non-negotiable.

Based on my searches, it seems as if I can expect to pay 33k for the Big Horn and 37k for the Laramie. What kind of discount should I be able to negotiate on these prices, if any?

Thanks!

If your requirements are non-negotiable, I wouldn't have high hopes for the price being super negotiable, either. You're looking for the nicest brand of a very high-demand category of vehicle. eTorque is going to make your search that much harder, and if you're willing to budge on what I would consider a relatively insignificant requirement, it might open your options quite a bit. Far more non-eTorque Hemis were built than the eTorque models. Just my $0.02.

Hi guys. I'm looking into getting a used '19 Big Horn (or Laramie if I can swing it) sometime hopefully by the summer. Has to have crew cab, Hemi, 4WD, and eTorque, unfortunately those are non-negotiable.

Based on my searches, it seems as if I can expect to pay 33k for the Big Horn and 37k for the Laramie. What kind of discount should I be able to negotiate on these prices, if any?

Thanks!
Ram just bought my 19 Laramie back that checks all your boxes. It will have a lemon law title. It has new front end parts 12,000 miles and a vibration issue. However I think if you were to put 4 new rims and tires on it that might resolve the issue. No issues otherwise it was a good truck! Them prices seem about right with Covid, 20,000 to 30,000 miles on them? I’d go for the Laramie if you can make it work!

From what I've seen, used Ram 1500 prices seem to be abnormally high right now. That may change by summer, but I think you're gonna have trouble finding the trucks you described for the prices you're looking to pay. Not saying you won't find any, but those you do find will likely be high mileage or have other issues. You might look into a new Tradesman if all you want is crew cab, Hemi w/etorque, and 4x4.

If your requirements are non-negotiable, I wouldn't have high hopes for the price being super negotiable, either. You're looking for the nicest brand of a very high-demand category of vehicle. eTorque is going to make your search that much harder, and if you're willing to budge on what I would consider a relatively insignificant requirement, it might open your options quite a bit. Far more non-eTorque Hemis were built than the eTorque models. Just my $0.02.

eTorque is essential because I plan on exporting the truck. Difference in import duties between ET vs non ET is gonna be ~40% of the truck's cost. ET version is legally considered a hybrid/energy efficient vehicle, and therefore subject to a discounted duty rate. I don't make the rules... 🤷‍♂️

Had the same struggle when we were looking for a used eTorque Wrangler a little over a year ago, but we ended up buying a new one at our local dealer (outside US), but I'm not prepared to pay what they're gonna want for a new truck. The typical discounts that you can expect at dealers on new vehicles in the states just don't exist here. Might be able to get 5-6%.

Might want to wait a bit and look for a used ‘20 if E-Torque is required. It has become increasingly more common the more 5th gens that are built. A lot of ‘19s did not come with it.

Might want to wait a bit and look for a used ‘20 if E-Torque is required. It has become increasingly more common the more 5th gens that are built. A lot of ‘19s did not come with it.
True and there were some tech glitches with the first ones, probably "mostly" solved by now...

Far more non-eTorque Hemis were built than the torque models. Just my $0.02.
I assumed the opposite on new trucks so I did a quick search.
An east coast search with 250 mile radius turned up
2377 non-eTorque 1500s
and
3819 eTorque 1500s
Similar results on a west coast search

Last edited:
I assumed the opposite on new trucks so I did a quick search.
An east coast search with 250 mile radius turned up
2377 non-eTorque 1500s
and
3819 eTorque 1500s
Similar results on a west coast search
For 2019's? I know when I bought in April of 19' there were not very many on local NC dealer lots, (I looked at a few places) and especially not on my dealers lot. Out of about a dozen Ltd's he had maybe 2 that were ET.
I was trying to avoid ET so I always checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back