5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preventing additional phone from taking over Android Auto

RoroCoelho

Reaction score
I have an issue when I am driving anyone in my family that needs to plug in their phone to charge. The uConnect system lets the phones that are connecting take over instead of keeping mine primary. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? How do I prevent other phones from taking control when they are plugged in from the front of rear seats?

Thanks all!

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have an issue when I am driving anyone in my family that needs to plug in their phone to charge. The uConnect system lets the phones that are connecting take over instead of keeping mine primary. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing? How do I prevent other phones from taking control when they are plugged in from the front of rear seats?

Thanks all!

Plug the phone you want to charge only using the USB port under armrest.

Turin

Reaction score
How do I prevent other phones from taking control when they are plugged in from the front of rear seats?
The simplest solution would be to buy a charge-only cable (or "data blocker" adapter) and use that for the other phones.

TX_Phil

Reaction score
This happens every time my wife plugs her iPhone in to charge while my Android is connected via Android Auto. When her phone connects the uconnect screen always prompts if we want to switch to the iPhone. Tap the "no" button and a few seconds it prompts again, tap "no" again and her phone simply charges while mine stays connected like it should.

I do like the idea of getting a non-data cable. That might be the simplest solution.

Gen3CoupeTX

Reaction score
Same thing for us iPhone types like my wife and me ... Plus our teens have Android. We all know which ports cause a fight for the Uconnect system. I hadn't thought of charge-only cables to keep in the truck. Just like that, it's nearly time for my seemingly daily Amazon visit.

Neokane

Reaction score
My 12in screen always asks to take over. But it also asks everything to make my phone the favorite. Of course I hit yes, but doesn't ever seem to take.

RoroCoelho

Reaction score
I've just went into Projections and made mine default, which I don't think actually does anything, and turned off the projections of all the other phones. It still prompts me for unknown devices, but it's manageable most of the time now.

Users who are viewing this thread