5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Preset change on rough roads.

Downytide

Reaction score
I drive on fire service road everyday, and I do drive on it at a pretty fast pace, hence I chose a Rebel.

Last few days, I notice when I hit a bump, my XM would go to the next station, at first I thought it was cause my hand slipped and touched a button, but I started paying attention to make sure its not that, and it happens every time I go over that specific section of the road with ruts, the speed is around 50-60kmh, its not giant rut, suspension doesn't bottom out.

Anyone has this issue?

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I don't have this issue, but I don't drive on a fire road like you do. But we can talk this through. There are 2 ways to change the station to the next preset. regardless of the source. One on the touchscreen, the other on the back of the steering wheel. My first instinct is it is not the touchscreen causing this, but the steering wheel button. I think you could troubleshoot this a bit more by testing if the issue follows the button by changing the source to say FM and see if it jumps on that source as well. That would isolate with some level of confidence to the button on the steering wheel.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I drive on fire service road everyday, and I do drive on it at a pretty fast pace, hence I chose a Rebel.

Last few days, I notice when I hit a bump, my XM would go to the next station, at first I thought it was cause my hand slipped and touched a button, but I started paying attention to make sure its not that, and it happens every time I go over that specific section of the road with ruts, the speed is around 50-60kmh, its not giant rut, suspension doesn't bottom out.

Anyone has this issue?
Lol what the H :D

Downytide

Reaction score
Ok, after spending a day figuring this out, I think it's the switch on the steering wheel, as I drive on this road twice a day and pretty much at the same speed, I began trying numerous methods.

On the occasion that I used a scotch tape to tape up the switch that changes the station, there was no change in station on that very specific rough section, as soon as I removed the tape, bam, it changed the station on that short but very rough stretch, and always go one station up, which was weird.

It doesn't bug me enough to solve this, but at least it's not because shock to the module which was what I originally feared.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Ok, after spending a day figuring this out, I think it's the switch on the steering wheel, as I drive on this road twice a day and pretty much at the same speed, I began trying numerous methods.

On the occasion that I used a scotch tape to tape up the switch that changes the station, there was no change in station on that very specific rough section, as soon as I removed the tape, bam, it changed the station on that short but very rough stretch, and always go one station up, which was weird.

It doesn't bug me enough to solve this, but at least it's not because shock to the module which was what I originally feared.
You don't understand. That's a feature, included in the keep-alert-auto-station-changing safety package. Consider yourself lucky... :p

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Anyone has this issue?
Gremlins in the radio!!!! Lol.
Try slowing down while driving on that rough patch....see if it still happens.
If it does...I'd look into getting the steering wheel buttons replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread