5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power steering, lane sense, and auto high beams not working

AresSK

Reaction score
Hello,

Starting yesterday my 2019 limited started having problems with the power steering not working a couple of times - a warning in the dash. Today it’s not working at all and I noticed the Lane Sense and Auto high beams don’t work either - I’m also getting a warning on the dash for these also.

Just curious if anyone has experienced something similar or has any idea what the issue might be. I’m on a road trip and not near a dealer woo think I’ll have to take it to a mechanic for repair.

Was hoping I might get lucky and it be a fuse but for the life of me I can’t figure out which fuse would be associated with these symptoms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree with Fatherof3, especially if it still has the original battery. There have been a lot of issues with those. I'd skip the dealer and take it to an auto parts store and ask them to test it. They usually do this free of charge. They can do this test with the battery in the truck, and also test the rest of the charging system. Quite a few people who have posted that their original batteries failed were originally told by the dealer that their battery was fine.

AresSK

Reaction score
I’m on a two week road trip so I took it to a dealer in Cortez CO. They said the power steering rack is dead and needs to be replaced. That mopar part is back ordered with no ETA so they could get me an aftermarket part but would take several days and we would be out of the area by then.

So...I’m going to see if I can find a dealer who can do the same work that’s more in line with our itinerary.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’m on a two week road trip so I took it to a dealer in Cortez CO. They said the power steering rack is dead and needs to be replaced. That mopar part is back ordered with no ETA so they could get me an aftermarket part but would take several days and we would be out of the area by then.

So...I’m going to see if I can find a dealer who can do the same work that’s more in line with our itinerary.

I've honestly never heard of a rack being dead . I've heard on some of the early build 2019's about the steering sticking sometimes but never dead . Unfortunately everything is on back order right now due to part shortages . I hope they get you going earlier rather that later .

AresSK

Reaction score
I've honestly never heard of a rack being dead . I've heard on some of the early build 2019's about the steering sticking sometimes but never dead . Unfortunately everything is on back order right now due to part shortages . I hope they get you going earlier rather that later .

They’re saying it’s electronic. Initially I was trying to find a power steering reservoir to fill but it doesn’t exist. It’s electronic and apparently the motor/component that failed is part of the rack itself.

There is no fuse for it either - It’s not in the manual and I’ve had three dealerships tell me that as well.

jsrhett

Reaction score
Hello,

Starting yesterday my 2019 limited started having problems with the power steering not working a couple of times - a warning in the dash. Today it’s not working at all and I noticed the Lane Sense and Auto high beams don’t work either - I’m also getting a warning on the dash for these also.

Just curious if anyone has experienced something similar or has any idea what the issue might be. I’m on a road trip and not near a dealer woo think I’ll have to take it to a mechanic for repair.

Was hoping I might get lucky and it be a fuse but for the life of me I can’t figure out which fuse would be associated with these symptoms.

I know this is a dead thread but I need a revival, I walked out to my truck this morning and it needed a jump for some reason, now my lane sense, auto high beam, air suspension is not working

I have tried everything I know so now I am here. My dealer is not open today so I can not talk with them.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I know this is a dead thread but I need a revival, I walked out to my truck this morning and it needed a jump for some reason, now my lane sense, auto high beam, air suspension is not working
I have tried everything I know so now I am here. My dealer is not open today so I can not talk with them.
What year is your truck ? Sounds like either the battery or it just needs more time for everything to come back on line .

Users who are viewing this thread