5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Steering issues

resotat1

Reaction score
Hi All So I was up on a mountain and I hit a log on the driver side lower control arm. The way it hit seems to have forced the driver side wheel to the left. The traction control light lit up on the dash and now the steering wheel will not turn. I do not mean it is hard to turn it will not turn at all it is like the steering wheel is in the lock position. My problem besides this is the wheel positions is hard left turn the goat trail it is on is about 3 feet wider than the wheels and it is on a steep incline with a 300 foot cliff on the right. This location is a no way to possibly tow the truck out location. I am thinking this must be a EPS module failure or perhaps the torque sensor in the rack or maybe even the steering wheel position sensor but leading way more to the EPS module just because the traction control service light lit up and the two are linked. So my question are,

1. What are your thoughts as to what could be wrong?
2. Where is the EPS Module located in a 2021 1500 Rebel?
2. Can I just replace the module or is there programming involved?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide

Stephen

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The module should be part of the power steering rack. Did, you get underneath and see if the perhaps the wiring got damaged?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

resotat1

Reaction score
Hello All

So what had happened is the rack had got hyper extended by the log with one guy in the truck at the wheel doing very light turn attempts to the right while two of us sat on the ground and double foot booted the tire back towards center we slowly got it to start working well working enough to get it off the mountain and get it towed to the shop.

Users who are viewing this thread