5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Specs on rear charge only usb port.

Quigs

Reaction score
I am currently running a front dash cam that I have plugged in to my 12v port on top the dash. I have another camera and a hardwire kit that I would like to use and move my current camera to the rear.

What I would like to do is replace to 12v plug to micro USB cord for my current camera with a plain USB to micro USB cord and use the charging port on the rear of the center console for power. Before I do this I need to know what the power output on the rear "charge only" usb (not c) port is. I'll post a picture below of what the output is one the plug that came with the camera. IMG_20200118_075053907.jpg

Quigs

Reaction score
OK new approach does anybody know of a way to measure the output on this port without ripping the whole console apart.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
OK new approach does anybody know of a way to measure the output on this port without ripping the whole console apart.

Users who are viewing this thread