5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Running boards hinges

layfay88

Reaction score
I need to replace my power running board drivers side rear hinge for my 2021 1500. I managed to get my hands on a passenger side assembly. Is it possible to use the passenger side motor assembly in place of the drivers side rear hinge if I just don't plug in the wires for it? I thought I could but motor assembly seems like it's "frozen/locked" in position. How can I "unfreeze" it so it can just act as a free hinge and be driven by the motor in the front of vehicle?

Power running board hinges become rusty after the first winter drive here in the Northeast. The salt used to clear the roads is the culprit.

Instead, we chose the fixed running boards.

We are in our early 70s. Me wife is 5 ft nothing with short legs and a bad knee. She struggled a bit getting into my Grand Cherokee but has no troubles stepping up into the cab using the running boards. To be honest I need the running boards too.

If you vehicle never sees road (or sea) salt, power running boards have their place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back