5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Folding Towing Mirrors on a '23 1500 Bighorn?

randyl

Reaction score
I'm a little confused about whether it is possible to get factory folding towing mirrors on a '23 1500 Bighorn.
Reason I ask is that the "build your Ram" page says for the trailer tow package "Power Trailer-Tow Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away". However, if also adding the Sport Appearance or Big Horn Level B equipment group, those offer "Power-folding mirrors".
So if you add the tow package, but also Sport and/or Level B, do you get manual or power folding tow mirrors?
Hoping it's as simple as someone here having a 23 Bighorn that knows for sure. Thanks!

Legal Brief

Reaction score
Depends on your expectation of what power folding means. On the 1/2 ton DT with regular mirrors, and the option the will fold when u push a button, but not when you turn off the key. The giant tow mirrors depending on the setup don’t power fold. That said the work around is a called Tazer DT, and you can make the mirrors fold assuming the ones you buy have the motors.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
I'm a little confused about whether it is possible to get factory folding towing mirrors on a '23 1500 Bighorn.
Reason I ask is that the "build your Ram" page says for the trailer tow package "Power Trailer-Tow Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away". However, if also adding the Sport Appearance or Big Horn Level B equipment group, those offer "Power-folding mirrors".
So if you add the tow package, but also Sport and/or Level B, do you get manual or power folding tow mirrors?
Hoping it's as simple as someone here having a 23 Bighorn that knows for sure. Thanks!
you might be confusing regular mirrors to the larger towing mirrors.

Bobbybob

Reaction score
I think I might get what you are seeing...in the tow group when you are building a Ram, you will see "Power Trailer-Tow Mirrors with Manual Fold-Away" and then in group B, you will see "Power-Heated Mirrors with Power Fold-Away". I think, but not 100% certain, that the tow package has the moose antler mirrors that give you the power to flip them up, but you will have to manually fold them in. Whereas the group B mirrors, will give you the power to fold them in because they do not flip up (you get a little bit of a larger mirror with a convex corner).

I would def reach out to a dealer and ask them to be 100% sure of what you are getting if you select these options.

Users who are viewing this thread