5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Power Cycle Loop (Starts then Stops without pressing the button)

mbarnes536

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone has seen\had this issue before. Issue happened 1/11/23 and go figure I am 20 days outside my warranty, by years. Had to have it towed to the dealership. Video is posted below.

Without pushing the start/stop button it continually starts and stops, while my foot is on the brake. If I take my foot off the brake it just power cycles. If I get out of the truck and lock the doors, the dash displays that it is missing the fob and won't turn off. As soon as you get back in the truck, it starts to power cycle without pressing the button. However, you can remote start the truck without issue and it will continue to run normally until you put your foot on the brake and then it goes back into its loop. Thought it was my fob so I got my other one and it still continued to do it, even replaced the fob battery. Even went as far as buying a new battery for the truck.

As of today the dealership has changed out the push button without success and they are currently still working on it.
What really sucks is the dealership is not cutting me any kind of break being that it is only 20 days outside of the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread