5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Powdercoated Rims - Requesting Photoshop Pics

Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been toying with the idea of having my rims powdercoated as I have a buddy at work who can do it for $500cdn (360amr).

I was hoping someone who is good at photoshopping could whip up some pictures for me so I can get a idea how it would look.

I've debated about pure gloss black but with black tires and black rims they blend into a black blop at night lol.

I've thought about all blue to match the truck but don't know if that would be too much blue. Also thought about blue lip/blue inserts and black spokes.

I was thinking all the raised aluminum around the spikes and the lip of the rim and the inserts blue and the face of the spokes black would look good.

If anyone can do any of those combinations or others you think may look good please have at it.

I appreciate it in advance.

I've attached a few of the best pictures I currently have. It you need better I can get a new shot.

Attachments

• 20190709_094908.jpg
    20190709_094908.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 20190525_140437.jpg
    20190525_140437.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 20190524_094719.jpg
    20190524_094719.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 69

Scr8pin

Reaction score
RAM1.jpg
I just plastidipped mine black, I have the same rims as you...…..i'd go plastidip first and see if you like it then spend the $$$ when you're happy with it. Send me a side shot like this and i'll photoshop my rims onto your truck lol

Atlantic Blue

Reaction score
LOL
Hello All,

I've been toying with the idea of having my rims powdercoated as I have a buddy at work who can do it for $500cdn (360amr).

I was hoping someone who is good at photoshopping could whip up some pictures for me so I can get a idea how it would look.

I've debated about pure gloss black but with black tires and black rims they blend into a black blop at night lol.

I've thought about all blue to match the truck but don't know if that would be too much blue. Also thought about blue lip/blue inserts and black spokes.

I was thinking all the raised aluminum around the spikes and the lip of the rim and the inserts blue and the face of the spokes black would look good.

If anyone can do any of those combinations or others you think may look good please have at it.

I appreciate it in advance.

I've attached a few of the best pictures I currently have. It you need better I can get a new shot.
If you want someone to photoshop for you, you have to take large Side (straight-not on an angle like you have) pictures of your truck just like Scr8pin did (maybe zoom in so that less of the truck background is visible). But once you do that YOU can just print those pictures and take a sharpy to them - the original photoshop. Much quicker :)

Legendary Chip Foose always starts with a drawing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
LOL

If you want someone to photoshop for you, you have to take large Side (straight-not on an angle like you have) pictures of your truck just like Scr8pin did (maybe zoom in so that less of the truck background is visible). But once you do that YOU can just print those pictures and take a sharpy to them - the original photoshop. Much quicker :)

Legendary Chip Foose always starts with a drawing.

Haha yes this is true, I could take a side picture and print them and do it with a sharpie. I guess that would give me a general idea as to what it would look like. I will give it a shot as I do have a colour printer.

The reason for photoshop request is, some people are really good at photoshop and can make the colour schemes look like it's the real thing rather then a modification to another picture. Plus people good at photoshop can colour match to the truck as well, sharpies in blue will not match haha..

I will try out the sharpie idea as well.. I will post a side view picture soon as @Scr8pin was asking for it so he can photoshop his rims on mine haha..

@Scr8pin - The plasti-dip doesn't sound like a bad idea, I have actually used that stuff before on my old Cavalier. I coated my SS rims on my Cavalier to the blue colour they have and I also added that other top coat as well, that top coat stuff gave it a pearlized colour too it. The plastic dip lasted a very long time, I ended up taking it off when I went to sell them. Man did it take a LONG time to take it off. facebook_1585871347158.jpg
facebook_1585871375448.jpg
facebook_1585871450123.jpg
facebook_1585871470104.jpg

Scr8pin

Reaction score
Haha yes this is true, I could take a side picture and print them and do it with a sharpie. I guess that would give me a general idea as to what it would look like. I will give it a shot as I do have a colour printer.

The reason for photoshop request is, some people are really good at photoshop and can make the colour schemes look like it's the real thing rather then a modification to another picture. Plus people good at photoshop can colour match to the truck as well, sharpies in blue will not match haha..

I will try out the sharpie idea as well.. I will post a side view picture soon as @Scr8pin was asking for it so he can photoshop his rims on mine haha..

@Scr8pin - The plasti-dip doesn't sound like a bad idea, I have actually used that stuff before on my old Cavalier. I coated my SS rims on my Cavalier to the blue colour they have and I also added that other top coat as well, that top coat stuff gave it a pearlized colour too it. The plastic dip lasted a very long time, I ended up taking it off when I went to sell them. Man did it take a LONG time to take it off. View attachment 51172
View attachment 51173
View attachment 51174
View attachment 51175
LOL! yeah plastidip can be a 1 way street sometimes lol been there, but when I learned the actual amount..... 1 can+ per rim! lol, stuff comes off easy on a simple design rim, but looking at the rims you did, yeah it must have been a nightmare to get it out of the tiny bolts all the way around...…..but they do look pretty sick

Scr8pin

Reaction score
3 sheets to the wind right now and tried doing blue lol...……...yeah im no artist....stopped after the first wheel...……..not good...………...I think its time to hide the beer for the rest of this evening lol...cut off.

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 39
Reaction score
3 sheets to the wind right now and tried doing blue lol...……...yeah im no artist....stopped after the first wheel...……..not good...………...I think its time to hide the beer for the rest of this evening lol...cut off.
Maybe if I am also 3 sheets to the wind you will look like Picasso haha

Users who are viewing this thread