5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible to convert 2500 to dually?

ekhark1

Reaction score
New here so I apologize if this is the wrong category.

Would it be possible to convert a 5th gen 2500 to rear duals? We have a growing auto transport business and want to add a non CDL 5th wheel 2 car trailer. It needs to be under CDL rated GVWR hence the 2500. Duals would be nice for more stability and less load per tire.

Can I run the 2500 axles with longers wheels studs or would I need an axle assembly off a 3500?
Does a dually 3500 bed bolt to a 2500 frame?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
New here so I apologize if this is the wrong category.

Would it be possible to convert a 5th gen 2500 to rear duals? We have a growing auto transport business and want to add a non CDL 5th wheel 2 car trailer. It needs to be under CDL rated GVWR hence the 2500. Duals would be nice for more stability and less load per tire.

Can I run the 2500 axles with longers wheels studs or would I need an axle assembly off a 3500?
Does a dually 3500 bed bolt to a 2500 frame?
Some cable tv truck show did exactly this. Of course anything is possible with $. I guess my question is why you think a 3500 is CDL? 2 car trailer might be 13k? Wouldn't even need dually for a 2500 for that?

Users who are viewing this thread