5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possible air suspension issue

G1212

Reaction score
Hey all,

I’ve got a 2019 Limited with air suspension, and I’m experiencing some strange behavior with the compressor. If the truck sits for a week or so, the compressor runs for a good few minutes on startup, and I often get a warning saying the suspension system is unavailable until it cools down.

I also hear a pressure release hiss after the compressor runs for a long time, and sometimes even while driving. Despite this, the truck never seems to drop in height, no matter how long it sits.

I’ve also noticed the compressor running briefly (10-20 seconds) after I’ve driven it and jump out of the truck, but this only happens rarely.

I ran a scan and found these older stored faults (no active faults though):

• C1562 92: Ride height air pump control circuit - Incorrect performance/operation
• C1561 97: Valve assembly - Component/system operation obstructed or blocked
• C1540 01: Height control solenoid valve rear left solenoid valve circuit - General electrical fault

Other than the compressor running like that, the suspension seems to rise and lower fine, and the ride feels normal. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any advice on what to check next? Or am I reading too much in to it?

Thanks!

I'm not for sure if it's an issue to dive deeper into but personally if I sit the truck for a long-extended period of time I drop it to entry exit do mitigate any issues with the compressor trying to keep the bags inflated over that time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back