5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pop noise when starting my 2020 1500 hemi

T bone

Reaction score
Just curious, are anyone else hearing a pop noise when starting your truck . Sounds like it comes from under the hood but I can't figure it out . ?

flyfingers

Reaction score
There's a 23 page thread on exactly what I believe you are referring to. In the search bar at top of page type 'Loud noise on startup'.

I have a '21 Hemi Bighorn and it does the same thing upon firing it up. Kind of makes a clanging, loud clicking, popping, thrashing noise for a few seconds after it fires. One poster in the aforementioned thread, said the dealer stated that it was alternator bearings. I dunno.

T bone

Reaction score
There's a 23 page thread on exactly what I believe you are referring to. In the search bar at top of page type 'Loud noise on startup'.

I have a '21 Hemi Bighorn and it does the same thing upon firing it up. Kind of makes a clanging, loud clicking, popping, thrashing noise for a few seconds after it fires. One poster in the aforementioned thread, said the dealer stated that it was alternator bearings. I dunno.
Thank you , 👍

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In short there is not a real solution to this. If you don't mash on the brake pedal when starting and let off the brake when you hit the start button; then it will go away and you'll never worry about it again.

T bone

Reaction score
In short there is not a real solution to this. If you don't mash on the brake pedal when starting and let off the brake when you hit the start button; then it will go away and you'll never worry about it again.
Thanks.. since I've been trying what you've said I haven't had the issue .. hmmmmmm,. 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread