5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poltergist...

DocDiRyder

Reaction score
Unsure where to put this issue so here it is...

After not driving for several days. found my battery down, showing about 5 volts and would not take charge. New battery installed. Noticed Left Ram Box latch cycling about once per second. This latch had been occasionally and randomly opening for several weeks previously and was getting worse (more frequent) over time. (It started opening about once per week then a couple of times the next week then every other day to every day.) The Right box latch had opened, uncommanded, 3 or 4 times over the last month. Electric Radiator fan not working. Check engine light illuminated. I took it to dealer immediately to have the Ram Box latch wiring disconnected pending service appointment.

Service report indicates, “Several low voltage codes in multiple modules.” Apparently, they wiggled the battery cables, let it sit a couple of days and called it good. Cleared service codes and they didn’t return. All working now. Their opinion is some sort of computer glitch.

Does any of this make any sense to anyone?

Yes actually, it does make sense to me. Strange things can happen on these trucks if there is a low voltage condition. And depending on which model you have, it can take several hours for your truck to behave normally after reconnecting the main battery. Keep an eye on it but unless your voltage drops again you should be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back