5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Polished Wheel care/polishing

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
I'm torn on how to go about polishing my wheels. Bare aluminum, not chrome. I'm thinking about going full on with Zephyr wheels and bars, maybe a powerball on a drill with some liquid polish, or just straight up hand polishing.

Would like advice from anyone who has done their own polishing. My wheels are new, but could use a deep polish then protective coating.

20210409_150319.jpg
20210409_150324.jpg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Any metal polish compound like Mother’s will work great. If you keep them maintained, hand polishing will be enough.
Since they are bare metal, ensure you use acid-free products to remove brake dust and dirt, otherwise they will stain.

If you get tired of this process, you could always get them ceramic coated.

Cheers,

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
Thanks, they were ceramic coated by the dealer and it isn't the best job. They coated over water spots, wasn't buffed to a high gloss. I went to a car show yesterday and saw what polished wheels can really look like, but the guy left before I got the chance to talk to him.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks, they were ceramic coated by the dealer and it isn't the best job. They coated over water spots, wasn't buffed to a high gloss. I went to a car show yesterday and saw what polished wheels can really look like, but the guy left before I got the chance to talk to him.
Dealers usually hire idiots to do detail work. You can easily polish them to remove the coating, and then do the coating yourself or just have detailer do the work.

Users who are viewing this thread