5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help with Alfaobd

Soilsample

Reaction score
I’d like to activate my turn signals to DRL.
I’m using Alfa for Windows on my laptop with the OBDlink mx.
it connects to the truck but when I select body control module nothing happens.....

I’m so frustrated with this.

I’ve seen a few videos but they’re all using Android tablets and the interface is different.
Can anyone help??

thank you!

Attachments

• 424FDED8-F2CA-4B12-AC54-8E6CBB0E4077.jpeg
    424FDED8-F2CA-4B12-AC54-8E6CBB0E4077.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 17
  • F2A69A4E-63C0-40A9-90C6-A1E75F36C24E.jpeg
    F2A69A4E-63C0-40A9-90C6-A1E75F36C24E.jpeg
    168.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You could post a screen shot. I use Android with no issues and a I know others use Windows with no issue.

1D32319

Reaction score
I was able to use the windows version to change my DRLs to the turn signals. It no kidding took me about two hours of playing around until I had a eureka moment and found the functions.

That computer isn't near me right now or I would try to walk you through it, but don't worry-the windows version does work. The UI sucks on it though.

Soilsample

Reaction score
I was able to use the windows version to change my DRLs to the turn signals. It no kidding took me about two hours of playing around until I had a eureka moment and found the functions.

That computer isn't near me right now or I would try to walk you through it, but don't worry-the windows version does work. The UI sucks on it though.
I’m waiting on that Eureka moment!!!! Lol I’m normally pretty good with stuff like this but I feel like I’m flying blind

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

The UI absolutely sucks. All I want to do is change my tire size but there are so many steps following the change, I'm worried that I'm going to do something wrong and brick my truck.

1D32319

Reaction score
So I know you've already figured this out, but I had to get back in to AlphaOBD today and figured I'd post these pics for future searches.

In the Windows UI, you have to select the active diagnostic tab and then the dropdown. DRLs are under car config change.

IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg

Reactions: c3k

Users who are viewing this thread