5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play MP3 from USB Folders...Can't "go back" One Folder - Need to ReScroll Through all Folders.

reidcc

Reaction score
Hi Folks-
I haven't been around much since my initial purchase and Engine replacement in my new 2020. All has since been fine in the 15 months I've had it, but there is a little niggle that just drives me nuts.

I have the 12 inch screen, and usually play my music through USB Stick. I have a couple of different "Cruzer Blades" that I use, and I do not remember if I have them formatted FAT32 or NTFS, and not sure if it really matters. My music is laid out by folders with Artist Name - Album name as the Folder name. They are all placed in the root directory of the stick, and I think I have some 250 folders. I have no trouble playing anything or seeing anything, as I have compared folder totals on my PC as well as in the truck.

When each album plays and finishes- the music just stops. When I hit the arrow back button to find another directory, I would have EXPECTED that the folder I was playing would show in Folder view, but NO, the system reverts to Folder View, but back to the beginning, which is either numbers first, then Alpha beginning with A. If I want to play a folder beginning with R, I need to scroll through the entire list again to find what I want. I realize you can put your finger anywhere in the "scroll down" area on the right, and then use the arrow up or down to find what you want, but its not really that easy when driving.

My last truck (Colorado) did not revert back to beginning of all folders. Is there any way to have this 12 inch do the same? Would the Voice feature through the radio work telling the system to play a folder?

I did a search through this area using USB Stick as criteria, but didn't see anything like this.

Thanks,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/