5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pics / stats of Actual Payload Labels

TrojanRam

Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if any of you that have a Wagoneer or GW with a decent number of options could share your actual payload ratings (compared to theoretical/ max advertised). I’m trying to figure out how much of a decrease we are likely to see once we add options as compared to the spec sheets. Thanks in advance!

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
Hi all, wondering if any of you that have a Wagoneer or GW with a decent number of options could share your actual payload ratings (compared to theoretical/ max advertised). I’m trying to figure out how much of a decrease we are likely to see once we add options as compared to the spec sheets. Thanks in advance!
this forum mostly talks about ram 1500's

TrojanRam

Reaction score
this forum mostly talks about ram 1500's
Right, posted here as this is the W/GW discussion channel. I also tried posting/ will post on the Wagoneer forum too but having an issue with registration there (and it’s fairly quiet).

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
To get you in the ballpark, a 4wd Tradesman has a payload around 1900 lbs, a fully loaded Limited can be as low as 950 lbs. The average Laramie is 1500 lbs.

TrojanRam

Reaction score
Thanks, I have spent a lot (too much lol) time reading the towing thread with the 1500 labels - my limited is one of those on the low end with 1068!

I’ll probably try to hit a dealer and take a look at some, if I find anything interesting I’ll share back.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at a Grand Wagoneer with the Hurricane I-6 engine. Payload on the sticker was 1450 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread