5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pick up Box Sheet metal / skin replacement stories?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2 weeks ago a poor unsuspecting Lab ran down his owner's driveway when he saw another dog in the road, and unfortunately as I was driving by he didn't see me (nor did I see him), and he ran HARD into the side of my bed, right in front of the rear pax wheel and put a big dent in the bed exterior as well as a small dent into the cab body. A-hole owner didn't leash the dog and said he's shocked it hasn't happen sooner. Anyway, bodyshop said it would be easiest and best to replace the entire exterior panel of the bed. Looks like a straight forward enough repair but I'm wondering if they have to take the box off, or if there's enough room to to work and leave the bed in place. They also guaranteed perfect blending of the Black Diamond Crystal paint. Fingers crossed on that one. Anyone have their bed sheet metal replaced yet?

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
the issue was that where the dog hit it, it pushed the fender flare piece (Which snapped off along the front of the wheel well) in so much that it created a deep crease through the style lines. I'll get pics uploaded tomrw when its light out.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pics?? Would be very surprised that PDR shop could not remove a dog strike dent.

The issue is the crease that crosses over the style line. She goes in on the 10th, maybe they'll realize its not as bad as needed a new panel.

IMG_5795.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread