5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pic requests - wheel and tire setups sans lift or spacers

sand2snow

Reaction score
Looking for some ideas for 2021 1500 limited, tri-coat white with 2022, currently have 33" G2's on 22" limited wheels.

Post pics of what you got! Not looking to add a lift or wheel spacers.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel like this thread title should be renamed as “best” is very subjective & depends so much on demographic & specific use of the truck per user - plus you’re looking for ideas. Maybe title it something along the lines of “Pic Request - wheel & tire setups without adding lift or spacers.” But I’m pretty sure there’s already a thread on that under this category that I’ve spend time on before. You might be able to find that using the search bar although it can be difficult sometimes to find exactly what you’re looking for. Custom Offsets has a really good photo gallery with filters like no lift/no trimming/etc & some of the wheels websites like Vossen also lets you narrow it down to your gen truck for a good & quick visual aid.

With that being said, I don’t have any suspension modifications & my wheel/tire specs are in my signature but here’s a few photos of what I recently picked up if it helps.

Attachments

• DA499C43-5945-4C37-9D32-1CB1DA5D84E9.jpeg
    DA499C43-5945-4C37-9D32-1CB1DA5D84E9.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 1E960ED4-8C52-47CE-B0E2-D31C4C27E0F7.jpeg
    1E960ED4-8C52-47CE-B0E2-D31C4C27E0F7.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 184
  • F0E4F6D6-8238-4D42-842B-175E3915575B.jpeg
    F0E4F6D6-8238-4D42-842B-175E3915575B.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 187
  • E3E7F787-2398-4E2D-B4F0-C827C7657FED.jpeg
    E3E7F787-2398-4E2D-B4F0-C827C7657FED.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:

sand2snow

Reaction score
Copy that. Love your truck. Especially the bed cover with the Yakima rack.

teamroper60

Reaction score
I feel like this thread title should be renamed as “best” is very subjective & depends so much on demographic & specific use of the truck per user - plus you’re looking for ideas. Maybe title it something along the lines of “Pic Request - wheel & tire setups without adding lift of spacers.” But I’m pretty sure there’s already a thread on that under this category that I’ve spend time on before. You might be able to find that using the search bar although it can be difficult sometimes to find exactly what you’re looking for. Custom Offsets has a really good photo gallery with filters like no lift/no trimming/etc & some of the wheels websites like Vossen also lets you narrow it down to your gen truck for a good & quick visual aid.

With that being said, I don’t have any suspension modifications & my wheel/tire specs are in my signature but here’s a few photos of what I recently picked up if it helps.
Nice looking truck! Does it have the factory air suspension? Any rubbing with that setup and the mudflaps?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t even realize at first, but it seems we have the same taste in the ivory Rams. 😎 Post a pic of yours!

I’m so picky about truck racks bc most of them are so ugly & noisy. And I only need to use mine occasionally for an extension ladder really. Think I might lower them all the way until I need to use it again actually. I have them set as low as possible without interfering with the shark fin antenna. I like that the Yakima really contours to the body well - not many of them do that. The track rack SR was the second choice & it seems like it performs more conveniently for regular use but I chose looks over function since I don’t need to use it that often. Definitely a useful combo though! If my work didn’t pay for the rack then I probably wouldn’t have forked that much out for the cover - definitely helped me to justify the purchase. Haha Some pics for reference in case you ever look into it.

Attachments

• D9A8C889-69B6-4F07-B8E0-62DE992123D4.jpeg
    D9A8C889-69B6-4F07-B8E0-62DE992123D4.jpeg
    134 KB · Views: 93
  • 7F6219E0-AD94-4C0B-8585-53429A5D9375.jpeg
    7F6219E0-AD94-4C0B-8585-53429A5D9375.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 3582E96D-708B-4F4A-AEA3-6DC4E5C29B19.jpeg
    3582E96D-708B-4F4A-AEA3-6DC4E5C29B19.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice looking truck! Does it have the factory air suspension? Any rubbing with that setup and the mudflaps?

Thanks! Right after mounting, it would only rub occasionally on the driver front - so little that I couldn’t see where it was making contact but could hear it. After I had the alignment done the following week they said they had to adjust the caster & I’ve had no issues since & have put well over 5k on it since. I definitely wanted to keep the flaps or modify with the zip tie method on the wheel well if possible or maybe even busting out the dremel tool but glad I didn’t have to.

Yes, the white one has the factory air suspension. The photos were taken in both entry/exit & Aero mode.

Last edited:

sand2snow

Reaction score
I've got about 35k miles on the G2's and the rain hasn't started in the PNW yet. Need some new shoes soon. I love the idea of the Defenders they look good on your rig but I think I need little heavier duty towing boats everyday so thinking Toyo Open Country AT3's. Still undecided on the wheels. Love the idea of HF6 in satin but my truck has som much chrome...

Attachments

• IMG_6628.jpg
    IMG_6628.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 82

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Plus you have that really nice trailer with nice chrome wheels as well. You could either paint or plastic dip the chrome or go with chrome/silver/nickel/etc wheels - depending on what you want to do or what you want to pay for.

You can get the defenders rated for towing, you’d just have to check on their site to verify if they have that rating paired with the size you want. Our family has a 35’ camper now so I’ll probably need to get a 2nd set of tires that are rated better for towing as well. We also make a yearly trip with a trailer to load up wood for our boiler so I’ll have to think of something. Just not sure yet if I want just a second set of tires or have wheels with it. I drive about 60k per year mainly highway which is why I have this tire - S rated if I remember correctly.

I think it might be worth it to get a less expensive set of wheels with the exact same size specs & pair it with an XL or maybe E rated tire that is also all terrain. The Continental TerrainContact AT is up there on the list for a less aggressive & highly touted AT. Then there’s always the Toyo’s & the Cooper AT3. So many choices…🤯 LOL

sand2snow

Reaction score
Custom offset website has lots of pictures

I tow many different boats and trailers everyday. The Fuel Assault comes on Boatmate trailers that we sell, I've been thinking about matching those? Just cause but probably won't

I will check out those tires. Just got the wife's Expedition the Defenders, they go on tomorrow at Discount tire.

Redstar24

Reaction score
I didn’t even realize at first, but it seems we have the same taste in the ivory Rams. Post a pic of yours!

I’m so picky about truck racks bc most of them are so ugly & noisy. And I only need to use mine occasionally for an extension ladder really. Think I might lower them all the way until I need to use it again actually. I have them set as low as possible without interfering with the shark fin antenna. I like that the Yakima really contours to the body well - not many of them do that. The track rack SR was the second choice & it seems like it performs more conveniently for regular use but I chose looks over function since I don’t need to use it that often. Definitely a useful combo though! If my work didn’t pay for the rack then I probably wouldn’t have forked that much out for the cover - definitely helped me to justify the purchase. Haha Some pics for reference in case you ever look into it.

What model Yakima rack is that? And the tonneau? I love that combo and it looks very functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What model Yakima rack is that? And the tonneau? I love that combo and it looks very functional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RetraxOne XR w/ Yakima Overhaul HD rack. I definitely like the functionality & sturdiness of it. TracRack SR probably still better in the functionality dept. but Yakima still sturdier & looks better.

Users who are viewing this thread