5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone Works Through Uconnect Without The Cable

Kenny4

Reaction score
After I disconnected the cable and closing the Android Auto I noticed the phone was still lit, so I made a call using verbal commands and it worked. I tried to bring AA back up without the cable and no go. I shut everything off and then rebooted the phone and turned truck to ACC and it was active again. So apparently as long as my phone is turned on I can make calls using the buttons on the steering wheel without AA being on. Is that normal with the 8.4. Thanks

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score

I'm kidding lol
You can use your phone without it being connected. When you plug it in, you can actually mirror the screen to your 8.4" screen... that's the main difference.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
After I disconnected the cable and closing the Android Auto I noticed the phone was still lit, so I made a call using verbal commands and it worked. I tried to bring AA back up without the cable and no go. I shut everything off and then rebooted the phone and turned truck to ACC and it was active again. So apparently as long as my phone is turned on I can make calls using the buttons on the steering wheel without AA being on. Is that normal with the 8.4. Thanks
Yep it’s Bluetooth . As long as you have Bluetooth on it’ll connect to uconnect.

Jackpot50

Reaction score

I'm kidding lol
You can use your phone without it being connected. When you plug it in, you can actually mirror the screen to your 8.4" screen... that's the main difference.
navigation is only thing cable is needed for.

Users who are viewing this thread