5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone volume

brotherGood

Reaction score
I've got the 8.4 with Nav, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to lower the volume for text message alerts. I cant seem to find the volume control for it, unless it's on the phone. The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S9+, running through bluetooth connection.

Thanks in advance.

PMantle

Reaction score
You have to adjust the volume knob while it's happening. So, get someone to text you so you have fair warning. As soon as you hear the notification or feel the phone vibrate, turn the knob.

brotherGood

Reaction score
You have to adjust the volume knob while it's happening. So, get someone to text you so you have fair warning. As soon as you hear the notification or feel the phone vibrate, turn the knob.
I'll have to run out and try it at lunch. Thanks for the heads up.

Gozar

Reaction score
I use an iPhone 8+ and even on the lowest volume setting "1", texts blast me out if connected via BT. I just always plugged in my phone until I bought the wireless CarPlay2 adapter.

PMantle

Reaction score
I use an iPhone 8+ and even on the lowest volume setting "1", texts blast me out if connected via BT. I just always plugged in my phone until I bought the wireless CarPlay2 adapter.
Volume setting is meaningless unless you change it during the notification.

Gozar

Reaction score
I did change it during the notification, it is still way too loud. And the volume resets to a higher number every time I start my truck.

PMantle

Reaction score
I did change it during the notification, it is still way too loud. And the volume resets to a higher number every time I start my truck.
Just to be clear, you do not adjust on the phone. You turn the volume knob on the Truck's sound system.

Gozar

Reaction score
Yup, turned it down on the volume knob of the trucks stereo system, "0" and it can't hear anything, "1" and it blasts way too loud........only when connected via Bluetooth, CarPlay and the volume is fine.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, turned it down on the volume knob of the trucks stereo system, "0" and it can't hear anything, "1" and it blasts way too loud........only when connected via Bluetooth, CarPlay and the volume is fine.

I have an iPhone 11. Adjusting the volume buttons on the left side of my phone does the trick for me. It also adjusts the on call volume. I still control the overall volume with the Uconnect knob, but if I have my phone set too low or too high I get the same results your describing.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have an iPhone 11. Adjusting the volume buttons on the left side of my phone does the trick for me. It also adjusts the on call volume. I still control the overall volume with the Uconnect knob, but if I have my phone set too low or too high I get the same results your describing.
That's because you're holding it wrong... :p

Polish Falcon

Reaction score
Resurrecting an old topic and hoping someone has found a solution...

The volume blast happens to me as well. Volume 1 is really loud, and every time I restart the truck it resets to 15, so I can't pair my phone with the truck. Same issue with navigation; there's a nav-specific volume setting in the nav menu and I keep changing it to 1, but again every time the truck is restarted, it jumps back up to 12 so I don't use nav anymore either. Super frustrating. Took it to the dealer and they installed a brand new head unit and updated all the software but it fixed nothing. I messaged Ram a few months ago and was told it may be part of an upcoming software revision but looking back, seems like that was just a way to get rid of me that day. Just checked again on the Uconnect website and no updates are available. Anyone ever solve this??

Polish Falcon

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread to hopefully save someone some money and aggravation...

At the advice of RamCares, I took my 2019 to the dealer to have the software updated from 21.14.14 to 22.34.11 to try and solve this problem. So tired of driving a truck that I can't pair my phone with because of how loud incoming texts are. Paid $101 and wasted 2 hours, all for nothing...

Polish Falcon

Reaction score
After informing RamCares that the software update did not solve the problem, they referred me to the Uconnect team. The Uconnect agent had me take the truck in to the dealer for a second opinion on not being able to lower the volume, and the dealer confirmed that all radios work this way. Today Uconnect emailed to say the software team is aware of the problem and will hopefully address it in a future software update.

Small consolation but at least now there appears to be acknowledgement on the part of Uconnect that this is an actual issue.

John89

Reaction score
After informing RamCares that the software update did not solve the problem, they referred me to the Uconnect team. The Uconnect agent had me take the truck in to the dealer for a second opinion on not being able to lower the volume, and the dealer confirmed that all radios work this way. Today Uconnect emailed to say the software team is aware of the problem and will hopefully address it in a future software update.

Small consolation but at least now there appears to be acknowledgement on the part of Uconnect that this is an actual issue.
Still happening in 2024 models…. Happens in mine. Unbelievable.

Users who are viewing this thread