5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phone contact photos missing?

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 12" display in my Limited and it used to display the photos for my contacts and now it does not. It also used to say the name of the contact texting me and now if just says the phone number the text is coming from. Is there a way to fix this issue? It worked before, and now it doesn't?? Same phone, no changes. I even tried to unpair and re-pair the phone to the truck with no luck. Occasionally it will pop up one of the contact photos on my favorites, and not the others. The rest just show the initials of that person, so I know it is at least seeing the data for the contact.

Help?
Thanks

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 12" display in my Limited and it used to display the photos for my contacts and now it does not. It also used to say the name of the contact texting me and now if just says the phone number the text is coming from. Is there a way to fix this issue? It worked before, and now it doesn't?? Same phone, no changes. I even tried to unpair and re-pair the phone to the truck with no luck. Occasionally it will pop up one of the contact photos on my favorites, and not the others. The rest just show the initials of that person, so I know it is at least seeing the data for the contact.

Help?
Thanks

No solid fix, but I'd try unpairing and then go into the UConnect settings and delete all contact data from UConnect. It's one of the last menu options. Obviously in the manual somewhere.

Once you've removed all phone synced data, then repair and let it resync all your contacts with photos.

If that doesn't work, then you know it's another setting somewhere and not corrupt data.

mike12193

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue but it is only with one contact. I set up the contact as a favorite and the picture came up. The next day the picture was gone from only the newly added favorite all the rest had the right pictures. Now this is where it gets strange. The next time I started the truck the favorite showed up with a completely different picture of somebody I do not recognize. I have no idea where that picture came from. I didn’t make any changes to the phones contacts or pictures. Btw I have the 12” screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am having a similar issue but it is only with one contact. I set up the contact as a favorite and the picture came up. The next day the picture was gone from only the newly added favorite all the rest had the right pictures. Now this is where it gets strange. The next time I started the truck the favorite showed up with a completely different picture of somebody I do not recognize. I have no idea where that picture came from. I didn’t make any changes to the phones contacts or pictures. Btw I have the 12” screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That happened to me once but I traced the issue back to the phone contacts. Our company mandated the use of the Outlook app for email and it does not handle contacts and calendar well at all. Got it fixed there and UConnect figured out the rest.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
sometimes i have photos show up sometimes not. sometimes i have the same photo on all contacts. i have played around with settings, re-paired my phone, i just gave up and take what the uconnect system gives. more first world problems, here have another taste of that technology pie!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know how it how long it takes the Uconnect to update the contacts list from any changes made on your phone? I change my home number to a contact called Home. Because I feel stupid asking it to call me at home when I want to call my wife. Duh. Made a new contact on phone and tried to find it listed in the contacts on the Uconnect but it's not there. How long does it take for it to re-read contacts and update? Or is there a procedure for it to realize the contacts?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I now have the same issue. Wanted to change my home phone number to HOME in my phone's contacts. So I did that by simply adding a new contact named HOME. I then tried to find it on the Uconnect Contacts but HOME was not listed. I figured it takes some time to re-read and find it. Waited until today. Still nothing. So then I figured I would delete the phone and make it re pair it and research contacts where HOME would be there. Deleted phone. Paired phone again. The favorites I added as favorites on Uconenct came back, but their pictures are now gone. I see that happened to someone else on here. Also, now the Contacts button does not work. It is grayed out and not active. Waited all day, still not Contacts. So I also experienced the LOSS OF CONTACT PICTURES and also LOST THE ACTION BUTTON TO GET ALL CONTACTS.

Does anyone know of the fix? I saw someone say to delete all phone info, but I do not see that option. Where is that on the Uconnect menus?

This is what I saw mentioned:
No solid fix, but I'd try unpairing and then go into the UConnect settings and delete all contact data from UConnect. It's one of the last menu options. Obviously in the manual somewhere. - WHERE IS THIS IN UCONNECT??
Once you've removed all phone synced data, then repair and let it resync all your contacts with photos.
If that doesn't work, then you know it's another setting somewhere and not corrupt data.

Would be easy if I could fine the Uconnect Manual also! lol

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Technology..... 3 steps forward.... then a mis-step... Then reboot Screen.... Reboot phone again... Maybe it works? I wish they actually had Software programmers that understood coding instead of a GUI to code within... The source code is key to quality and bug free software, unfortunately all of the source code is held hostage by the designer. Maybe Linux is the answer......

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
HERE'S THE FIX!

So I got both parts to work. Contacts syncing again and the newly added contact to show up, and all have their contact pictures.

1. How to get Contacts to show up again on Uconnect:
You must delete the phone on the Uconnect and also FORGET the Uconnect on your phone's bluetooth. I did the first (delete phone on the Uconnect) and simply lost pairing on my phone's BT. Then, we pairing again on Uconnect, I simply touched the already recognized Uconnect on my phone's BT. That just brought it back as it last was and was not a full on delete and re-find. By FORGETing Uconnect on phone and deleting phone on Uconnect, you totally lost the phone connections and memory and start from scratch. When it reconnects, it re-downloads everything. All is good.

2. When your do this, it downloads again, and the new contact also shows up.

falconer

Reaction score
Yup. It's good for a few weeks, then it loses your photos again. Time to have it "forget" everything and do it all over. Sure it's annoying, but as someone said this is a "first world" problem. I'm sure they'll get it right eventually.

Traff

Reaction score
HERE'S THE FIX!

So I got both parts to work. Contacts syncing again and the newly added contact to show up, and all have their contact pictures.

1. How to get Contacts to show up again on Uconnect:
You must delete the phone on the Uconnect and also FORGET the Uconnect on your phone's bluetooth. I did the first (delete phone on the Uconnect) and simply lost pairing on my phone's BT. Then, we pairing again on Uconnect, I simply touched the already recognized Uconnect on my phone's BT. That just brought it back as it last was and was not a full on delete and re-find. By FORGETing Uconnect on phone and deleting phone on Uconnect, you totally lost the phone connections and memory and start from scratch. When it reconnects, it re-downloads everything. All is good.

2. When your do this, it downloads again, and the new contact also shows up.
Your recommendations to get my contacts back on Uconnect screen worked perfectly on my 2021 Ram Limited - thanks!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread