5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phantom BT Issues

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone else is having issues with Bluetooth dropping the link while on the phone randomly. Example...talking and everything works great then person on other end cant hear me, hit the transfer button on 12" screen twice to reconnect and they can hear me again. Happens about every couple days, using android note 9. Has never done the same thing in our 2018 Challenger or in my previous 2014 Ram 1500. Another Phantom issue is when I get into truck and press green phone button to make a call it says still updating phonebook, can drive for 30 minutes and still not updated but other days can get in and it updates phonebook in a matter of seconds. Any thoughts or help? I have taken to dealership and had the "latest update" done to the software. Thank you in advance and love the forum.

jerrym88

Reaction score
My 2019 2500 Laramie does the exact same thing!!!
I cannot figure it out why it's doing this.....

R

Rob5589

No but, used to have those types of issues in our Sorento. Likely a BT issue, not vehicle specific.

Reaction score
No but, used to have those types of issues in our Sorento. Likely a BT issue, not vehicle specific.
I don't have any issues in the challenger over BT, it is the same UConnect system just with the smaller 8" screen. Wondering if its a problem with the software on the 12" in the Ram. I am hoping that with a future update (haha, someday i'm sure) that these issues will be fixed.

Psimpson

Reaction score
Its the Ram, I've had mine since April and experience this on a regular basis. I also have a Ford with Sync and it never happens there, my wife has a Ford, never happens there.

I keep complaining to the dealer, a week ago the service dept. tells me there is a specific firmware push to my Vin#. says I will see something on the screen wanting me to leave the truck shut off and outside. So far I haven't seen anything happen.

Ram4141

Reaction score
This used to happen in my '14 Ram with the 8" screen pretty regular. I have only had it happen once in my '19 with the 12".

Users who are viewing this thread