5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pedal position

A4Owner

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question but is the accelerator pedal on the Gen 5 1500s too close to the transmission tunnel? Reason why I ask is I have sometimes experienced knee pain when driving vehicles with a weird pedal placement in the foot well. My current A4 despite being much smaller than a 1500 actually has excellent proportions/seating position. I know a 1500 would be much taller and therefore more suited to my lower back pain issues, but I'm not sure I'd want to "trade" one pain issue for a new one.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've not found the accelerator to be a problem, but have the adjustable brake pedal as close to the floor as it will go and wish for more, and there's nowhere comfortable to put my left foot. I've purchased some parts and plan to have a go at making a dead pedal when weather turns in the Spring. That's my $.02.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is 3 inches from the center of the accelerator pedal to the transmission tunnel and 4 to the edge of the brake pedal.
More than enough space for steel-toe boots IMO.
Nothing better than a test drive...

Users who are viewing this thread