5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parksense Question on ‘24 Limited w/Lvl 1 Equip Package

LATXAg

Reaction score
Did some forum and internet searches, but haven’t found my answer and not wanting to discuss with local dealer just yet… trying to get my front camera to display on Uconnect when the front sensor goes into alert… looked through the owner’s manual and found the place I should be able to toggle that feature - “Parksense front camera activation” in the Safety / Driving Assistance folder in Settings… my problem, that option is not in the list. This would tell me I don’t have this option, but I want to be sure since I do have a Limited with the Parksense in the level 1 equipment package… hoping it is a software issue, but my truck is hooked up to Wi-Fi and supposedly has the latest firmware.

So, my question for you guys is what I am missing?

Appreciate the help… I did create a Home Screen place to put the camera so I can make it come on with a couple touches, just think it should be automatic like my wife’s Camry which cost a fraction of this truck. Too much to ask?

Did some forum and internet searches, but haven’t found my answer and not wanting to discuss with local dealer just yet… trying to get my front camera to display on Uconnect when the front sensor goes into alert… looked through the owner’s manual and found the place I should be able to toggle that feature - “Parksense front camera activation” in the Safety / Driving Assistance folder in Settings… my problem, that option is not in the list. This would tell me I don’t have this option, but I want to be sure since I do have a Limited with the Parksense in the level 1 equipment package… hoping it is a software issue, but my truck is hooked up to Wi-Fi and supposedly has the latest firmware.

So, my question for you guys is what I am missing?

Appreciate the help… I did create a Home Screen place to put the camera so I can make it come on with a couple touches, just think it should be automatic like my wife’s Camry which cost a fraction of this truck. Too much to ask?
You don't have this option as it isn't an option on the 1500. You can add it using AlfaOBD. You can find info on that by searching here.

Id also like to add a front camera to my Big Horn that is activated by the front sensor. Any and all details would be appreciated.

Id also like to add a front camera to my Big Horn that is activated by the front sensor. Any and all details would be appreciated.
Depends on the year. I think it is only an option to be added to the 2024 1500. You would need the BCM for a 2024, I believe. Then, you'd need to install the surround view camera system. I wrote a how to on it.

Depends on the year. I think it is only an option to be added to the 2024 1500. You would need the BCM for a 2024, I believe. Then, you'd need to install the surround view camera system. I wrote a how to on it.
Thank you for the reply. I would REALLY like to have Surround View Camera. But I saw the write up on adding it and it is way too much work and cost. So I was hoping for a cheaper and simpler way to just get a front camera to work automatically (rather than via a mechanical switch).

You don't have this option as it isn't an option on the 1500. You can add it using AlfaOBD. You can find info on that by searching here.
Thanks, appreciate the insight. I’ll have to check into AlfaOBD as I am sure there are other things I can do with it as well.

Mine doesn't beep. I simply engage or disengage by pressing the on/off button.
All of them beep when you get close to an object pulling forward or in reverse unless you switch off the feature with the buttons on the bottom of the center stack. Or are you talking about semi-auto park assist, the system that helps you parallel or perpendicular park? We are talking about park sense. The parking sensors in the bumpers that check for objects while pulling forward or in reverse.

All of them beep when you get close to an object pulling forward or in reverse unless you switch off the feature with the buttons on the bottom of the center stack. Or are you talking about semi-auto park assist, the system that helps you parallel or perpendicular park? We are talking about park sense. The parking sensors in the bumpers that check for objects while pulling forward or in reverse.
Ahhh...yes. indeed, mine beeps. But only when the truck senses a crazy liberal Communist is close🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back