5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking Sensor Blindspot/deadspot and Mopar Tonneau Cover?

law

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was just curious if anybody that has experience with the Mopar tonneau cover could tell me if it's normal for it to be rubbing and scratching the top plastic piece of the tailgate? Initially I was under the impression that it was a result of a sloppy installation by the dealership, but they told me it was due to the Mopar tonneau cover itself. I took it to a third party store nearby and asked if it was normal and they also said it was. Was just wondering if any of you guys have a similar experience?

Now the bigger thing I have a question about is regarding the rear parking sensors on the vehicle. I've noticed that there is a bit of a blindspot for both the left and right rear parking sensors when objects are in very specific spots. This isn't a huge deal to me since I can see said objects in my reverse camera, but I have never had a vehicle with parking sensors blindspots like this and the same dealership that installed my tonneau cover also told me that this is normal.
In the 3 attached pictures, I did not move the truck or garbage bins at all. I was sitting in the same spot the entire time yet you can see the rear left parking sensor would rotate between not detecting the bin and detecting the bin. This issue can also be replicated on the right rear parking sensor.

Would appreciate any information!

Attachments

• image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 6
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image6.jpeg
    image6.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread