5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking Brake won't release

jakedvm

Reaction score
2020 Bighorn 5.7L Hemi, Crewcab
So tonight I start the truck as usual and try to release the parking brake but it won't release. The BRAKE light is flashing and the Parking Brake light is also on. I tried turning on and off. Tried putting it in gear both reverse and drive. Nothing. Tried to manually release - nothing. After not getting anywhere I disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes. I started it up and the parking brake seemed to work properly. But I don't have to the option for the auto parking brake feature anymore. And now I don't have a reverse camera anymore - nowhere to be found. My Entire UConnect UI is different. I also cannot get my AC to work properly. I cannot adjust the AC - it goes to either hot or cold - no temperature settings. It only blows very hot air.
It's as if it was reset to a lower trim level or older version???
Anyone have anything similar happen? Another trip to the dealer - 3 times for only 12,000 miles.

Also, the passenger side of the body now makes a creaking sound - worse after it rains. No leaks but definitely like creaking floor boards - mostly when going slow over diagonal bumps or driveways.

Any ideas on what's going on?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow, did you happen to have a recent accident? I wonder if some movement on the passenger side is pinching a wire or loosened a ground

Jako

Reaction score
The things you mention should come back part of the issues when you disconnect the battery.

Fatherof3

Reaction score
2020 Bighorn 5.7L Hemi, Crewcab
So tonight I start the truck as usual and try to release the parking brake but it won't release. The BRAKE light is flashing and the Parking Brake light is also on. I tried turning on and off. Tried putting it in gear both reverse and drive. Nothing. Tried to manually release - nothing. After not getting anywhere I disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few minutes. I started it up and the parking brake seemed to work properly. But I don't have to the option for the auto parking brake feature anymore. And now I don't have a reverse camera anymore - nowhere to be found. My Entire UConnect UI is different. I also cannot get my AC to work properly. I cannot adjust the AC - it goes to either hot or cold - no temperature settings. It only blows very hot air.
It's as if it was reset to a lower trim level or older version???
Anyone have anything similar happen? Another trip to the dealer - 3 times for only 12,000 miles.

Also, the passenger side of the body now makes a creaking sound - worse after it rains. No leaks but definitely like creaking floor boards - mostly when going slow over diagonal bumps or driveways.

Any ideas on what's going on?
Everything will probably already be back by now .

DesertMonkey

Reaction score
There is a release tab under the headlight switch area that is used to release the parking brake. A tow truck driver told me about that. He also said that's the fail safe pull tab to release when its stuck in the parking brake mode.

I've had my set of issues on a 19 bighorn with 27k on it now. Creaking in the front end. Key fobs not detected, 8.4 screen shutting off randomly.

Key fobs had batteries replaced then 2 weeks later, were replaced again at the dealer. 2 weeks later, same thing. I placed a battery charger on the battery overnight about a month ago. Press to start wouldn't work to start the truck. I called the dealer they said it was in a theft prevent mode and needed to be towed. After about 15 mins it started and I drove off.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jakedvm

Reaction score
Yeah I checked the emergency release
Everything is all back to normal today!
Still going to take it in for a check and get the creaking checked out.

jakedvm

Reaction score
Wow, did you happen to have a recent accident? I wonder if some movement on the passenger side is pinching a wire or loosened a ground
No accidents. No known trauma. Worked fine and was sitting all day before it locked up. Back to normal how. So hopefully doesn’t happen again

Users who are viewing this thread