5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panoramic roof - stutters when opening

Neokane

Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen.. it sounds like it needs a good dab of lube on the rails or something..
But I'm sure there is no FCA recommendation on lube or proper application points.

Six_Swix

Reaction score
Has anyone had this happen.. it sounds like it needs a good dab of lube on the rails or something..
But I'm sure there is no FCA recommendation on lube or proper application points.

White lithium grease on the rollers and slides. They recommend Mopar brand spray in the owners manual. Wipe off any excess

RJS

Reaction score
I'd consider taking it to the dealer initially as mine is smooth so you may have an adjustment problem. No problem using whatever Mopar recommends for lube but don't just grease it with anything not recommended in the manual. I used to use white lithium grease until I took a few doors apart and saw what it looked like a few years down the road. Only use what Mopar recommends so they can't blame you for the issue.

Six_Swix

Reaction score
I'd consider taking it to the dealer initially as mine is smooth so you may have an adjustment problem. No problem using whatever Mopar recommends for lube but don't just grease it with anything not recommended in the manual. I used to use white lithium grease until I took a few doors apart and saw what it looked like a few years down the road. Only use what Mopar recommends so they can't blame you for the issue.
Mopar recommends their white lithium grease spray.

Neokane

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll mention it at my oil change and buy some Mopar grease spray.

Six_Swix

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll mention it at my oil change and buy some Mopar grease spray.
Fyi, I came across a really good thread on here about the sunroof drain spouts and their grommets. Sounds like something all new owners should check out. I did an inspection on mine today and they are seated properly but I had no clue they were even there. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread