5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pano roof

Bwsteg

Reaction score
Hello to anyone who has a pano roof. Can you go out to your truck and enable the door child lock and then try to open the shade only. Please tell me if the shade still opens with the child lock enabled. Would really appreciate it. Thanks

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can try this when I get home if no one has replied by then. I drove my other vehicle to work today.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
It still opens fully. Just have to tap it a second time to fully open as usual

Bwsteg

Reaction score
It still opens fully. Just have to tap it a second time to fully open as usual

I had thought that may be the issue since a service advisor from another dealership mentioned that could be the cause but it seems it’s not. Appreciate the help.

Bwsteg

Reaction score
As of now the dealer said tech support is saying to pull out the entire headliner and check the wiring. This is ridiculous. $64k truck and now they have to tear it apart. Not to mention how horrible every single dealership on Long Island is. They’re always crowded, no loaners, have to wait weeks for appt, etc. I don’t understand why Ram doesn’t have its own dealership. Who’s idea was it to cramp 4 different makes into one place? Such a horrible experience so far. Much different than my experience with my BMW and Lexus.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As of now the dealer said tech support is saying to pull out the entire headliner and check the wiring. This is ridiculous. $64k truck and now they have to tear it apart. Not to mention how horrible every single dealership on Long Island is. They’re always crowded, no loaners, have to wait weeks for appt, etc. I don’t understand why Ram doesn’t have its own dealership. Who’s idea was it to cramp 4 different makes into one place? Such a horrible experience so far. Much different than my experience with my BMW and Lexus.

It does suck. However, anyone thinking Ram ( Ford, Chevy, etc) is going to give the level of service of BMW/Lexus/MB has to be super hopeful. I personally hope to never see a Ram dealer for any service.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the child locks enabled on both my doors and I have the window lock enabled at the driver switch since my toddlers like to try both when I'm not paying attention. Shade opens normally.

Users who are viewing this thread