5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Painted Longhorn/Limited Grill

R3bu

Reaction score
Hello, I'm in the process of getting rid of all the chrome on my new Longhorn and I've seen a few people on here paint or wrap the Longhorn or Limited grills. How was your process of getting them painted since they're chrome from Factory. How are they holding up after sometime? I'm aware you can get the Limited grill in a night edition but paying $1600 for a new grill is insane imo and then paying to paint it after.

I'm looking into Paint matching my grill and the surround to Delmonico red PRV

here are some pictures from members on the forum, Kaydee, DSPS and kdnyegaard

Attachments

• 817d21fe6b5d818ebf755f91acdaa712 (1).jpg
    817d21fe6b5d818ebf755f91acdaa712 (1).jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 20180908_155915.jpg
    20180908_155915.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 39
  • HT9A1433.JPG
    HT9A1433.JPG
    390.9 KB · Views: 39

LITTLEREBEL

Reaction score
Hello, I'm in the process of getting rid of all the chrome on my new Longhorn and I've seen a few people on here paint or wrap the Longhorn or Limited grills. How was your process of getting them painted since they're chrome from Factory. How are they holding up after sometime? I'm aware you can get the Limited grill in a night edition but paying $1600 for a new grill is insane imo and then paying to paint it after.

Have you looked on ebay? When I decrhomed my old Tundra I ordered a painted grill from ebay and it matched perfect.

R3bu

Reaction score
Have you looked on ebay? When I decrhomed my old Tundra I ordered a painted grill from ebay and it matched perfect.
Yes I have, the problem is that the limited and Longhorns have a different grill than the rest of the trims and no aftermarket companies have made a grill for them, so there's only OEM/Mopar

Draid

Reaction score

I have a 2021 longhorn that I blacked out all chrome. I just removed chrome pieces and sandblasted with a fine silica sand . It looked frosted when i finished. Took it up to auto body shop for painting. Still looking good after ~ 1.5 years. The mirror cap was a pita.

Attachments

• 20221126_164010.jpg
    20221126_164010.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 47

R3bu

Reaction score
I have a 2021 longhorn that I blacked out all chrome. I just removed chrome pieces and sandblasted with a fine silica sand . It looked frosted when i finished. Took it up to auto body shop for painting. Still looking good after ~ 1.5 years. The mirror cap was a pita.
Looks awesome! Was there a lot of prep work for the chrome to be painted? Also How much was it for the shop to paint them?

You have the Tow mirrors, those caps are really a pain versus the normal mirrors, I just bought the oem Paint matched mirror caps for the truck

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I only did the charcoal grey slats on the limited grille but also had them wrapped in clear ppf not long after to try to make sure they didn’t get chipped.

Attachments

• IMG_7983.jpeg
    IMG_7983.jpeg
    212.2 KB · Views: 42

R3bu

Reaction score
I only did the charcoal grey slats on the limited grille but also had them wrapped in clear ppf not long after to try to make sure they didn’t get chipped.
Oh I like that! I wish I could wrap my grill but trying to match to my red pearl is so hard, Paint match is the only option

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Oh I like that! I wish I could wrap my grill but trying to match to my red pearl is so hard, Paint match is the only option
Oh they are painted then just wrapped with clear paint protection film

Users who are viewing this thread