5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paint Protection Film - Any DIY Input?

MilehighRam

Reaction score
Within the next few weeks Ill be ceramic coating my truck, myself. I noticed that the front bumper already has lots of chips in it with only 5000 miles. That got me thinking that I should at least apply some touch up paint and a PPF before the ceramic coating. Im really only looking to do the bumper, as its taken the most dings.

Has anyone done a DIY PPF before? How did it come out? What companies would you recommend?

The bumper is difficult due to the recessed areas around the tow hook location. I went with xpel and I suggest paying a professional to do the bumper.

I also went with xPel PPF, had it applied to my front bumper, hood and fenders. Got it done professionally for $1200.00 CAD. When I first saw that the 5th Gen's had a painted front bumper I immediately knew that if I bought one the front end was getting covered with PPF. The paint tends to peel off of painted steel bumpers very easily after a few rock chips. I highly recommend getting it done professionally, I watched these guys apply the PPF to my truck, they had a fairly hard time with it and they're both very experienced installers.

Wow, didn't realize this was such a tough project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back