5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P0476 - Exhaust Pressure Control Valve Range/Performance - need help

overload

Reaction score
My 2020 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel had a CEL appear yesterday so I ordered a Bypass cable from Amazon so I could check the code today which was a P0476. A search of this forum gave me no results unfortunately. In fact a quick google of that code pretty much gave me nothing, so it looks like it's not a common fault. There is no warranty on it, so I'm hoping to get some repair guidance on this. I currently have just over 80,000Km (about 50,000 miles) I do run fuel additive but didn't put any in on the last fill up. I'll get some "hotshot" and report back if it does anything.
Taking it to the dealer or a repair shop is the very last resort for me.

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
Just a shot in the dark. But your exhaust valve (right before rear axle) may be stuck.

Try hitting it with some lubricant. Mine squeaks from time to time, that’s my queue to spray it

overload

Reaction score
Thanks Rebel_driver. Took your advice and sprayed a bunch liquid wrench lubricant on anything that looked like it should move. On the 3rd trip out, the code cleared and has come back since.
I tried to clear the code using torque pro and cheap OBD bluetooth reader I already had, but it didn't work. I ordered up a vgate mc+ but the code cleared before I got to try it out.
I'm going to pull the cover when it warms up here and put some more hi-temp lube in it. I'm glad this worked because that part is incredibly expensive and destined for failure given it's location.

Rebel_driver

Reaction score
Thanks Rebel_driver. Took your advice and sprayed a bunch liquid wrench lubricant on anything that looked like it should move. On the 3rd trip out, the code cleared and has come back since.
I tried to clear the code using torque pro and cheap OBD bluetooth reader I already had, but it didn't work. I ordered up a vgate mc+ but the code cleared before I got to try it out.
I'm going to pull the cover when it warms up here and put some more hi-temp lube in it. I'm glad this worked because that part is incredibly expensive and destined for failure given it's location.
I’m hearing a squeak coming from mine again. Time to re apply the lube. Can’t believe how prone to failure this part is.

Users who are viewing this thread