5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

overhead switch problems

LRojas

Reaction score
A issue has arisen with my 2019 Laramie, the switches in the overhead "console" for the map lights, the mirror dimmer, and the cabin light have quit working, BUT the switch for the rear window still works. I have checked all the fuses that I thought might have anything to do with them to no avail. Anyone else ever experience this? Anyone have a solution?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You will have to pull the console to even start a diagnosis.
There are two screws inside the Sunglass cubby to remove.
Then there are two clips to depress. The console should drop
with two harnesses going to connectors on the console.

Malodave

LRojas

Reaction score
You will have to pull the console to even start a diagnosis.
There are two screws inside the Sunglass cubby to remove.
Then there are two clips to depress. The console should drop
with two harnesses going to connectors on the console.

Malodave
Thanks for replying and I apologize for my delayed response, I never got a notice that you replied.
So what do I do after that? How do I diagnose beyond checking that everything is connected properly and securely?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for replying and I apologize for my delayed response, I never got a notice that you replied.
So what do I do after that? How do I diagnose beyond checking that everything is connected properly and securely?
Start by subscribing to one of the online service manuals.
Alldata DIY is pretty reasonable, has good diagrams and trouble shooting info without breaking the bank.

Users who are viewing this thread