5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Overhead console 2022 1500

Jayrco698

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm a little new to this forum and wanted to see if anyone breached this subject. I was hoping to see if there is any possibility of removing one of the blank switch covers from the overhead console. I'd like to install an illuminated rocker switch for my response lights. I already know how to get the console out but didn't see an easily apparent way of removing the plate. I really do not want to break anything...it's all plastic. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am selling this Switch Panel that replaces the Sunglass Cubby.

Full Thread:

Malodave

RAM-DT_non_PSI-Switch_Panel.jpg

Attachments

• SwitchDesk.jpg
    SwitchDesk.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 110

Jayrco698

Reaction score
Wow, that's a great switch housing. If I had more switches I would definitely be happy with that. I really only have the one switch to mount. I have a blank cover on the left side of my console where you have the auto open close rocker. I sure would like to know how to remove the black blank cover.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually looked at that. I believe there are two layers of plastic and a PCB to get thru.

Malodave

krohboy

Reaction score
I looked at doing this myself, I came to the conclusion the PCB for the window switch was in the way to do it.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess if you got the Console with the Factory Switches installed would be the way to go.

Malodave

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Hey everyone. I'm a little new to this forum and wanted to see if anyone breached this subject. I was hoping to see if there is any possibility of removing one of the blank switch covers from the overhead console. I'd like to install an illuminated rocker switch for my response lights. I already know how to get the console out but didn't see an easily apparent way of removing the plate. I really do not want to break anything...it's all plastic. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread