5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outside Door Handle Trim detaches/falls off

Rodgebone

Reaction score
My 2019 Laramie has had an issue last 2 years with the outside door handle chrome trim falling off when I go through a carwash. This is the thin chrome trim on the outside door handle itself that is glued on and has detents to secure it. But after 3x losing this trim in the carwash and asking the carwash peeps to shut down and find this part on the floor of the carwash today I found the front passenger side loose. I've glued them back on with Gorilla Glue and now tape them before going through a carwash. Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue or found a better solution to keep these from falling off? The factory glue doesn't cut it and on a $50k truck I would expect better.

Attachments

• 20230529_194439.jpg
    20230529_194439.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 19
I had the one on my 2019 Limited lift at the front but not fall off. It got water in it and the truck would repeatedly try and unlock its self if the key was close enough. I still have factory warranty because I bought it when I bought the truck used from a dealer. I took it back and complained it was an electrical issue and it was replaced no hassle. I have since removed the chrome on the truck and switched the door handles out with ones that have no chrome, just body colour and are all one piece so I don't see anyway for it to fall apart. If that is a route you're interested in taking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back