5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ORP vs Rebel height

NYRAM

Reaction score
Anyone know the height difference between the rebel and ORP the rebel looks like it sits altitude higher but everything I see says they both have a 1” lift over a stock ram. Anyone have specs between the two. Or side by side pictures. Just curious.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They should be identical. Same exact setup, just different shocks/struts I believe. There us just always some variance even between identical models. Different options/weight/payload etc.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm no pics but when I park my rebel in normal mode next to a limited with ORP at work my rebel looks higher.

S

Smashy71

I park next to my 97 Tahoe with a 4 inch lift and in normal mode air suspension it’s the same height.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Um, there are a couple variables missing from that question... air ride? Can you confirm the mode of the other truck? Non air ride, you'd need to measure the strut from an ORP and a Bilstein from a Rebel to see the exact difference if any.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Um, there are a couple variables missing from that question... air ride? Can you confirm the mode of the other truck? Non air ride, you'd need to measure the strut from an ORP and a Bilstein from a Rebel to see the exact difference if any.
And are tires identical? I thought the Rebel's were unique.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never looked at the specific parts he just stated when we chatted he had ORP I notice my trucks always taller. You tell me if there’s a difference you went steel

greatone99

Reaction score
Anyone know the height difference between the rebel and ORP the rebel looks like it sits altitude higher but everything I see says they both have a 1” lift over a stock ram. Anyone have specs between the two. Or side by side pictures. Just curious.
the rebels normal mode is 1 inch higher ,off road mode on the others is the rebels normal mode

JLUR_

Reaction score
On steel suspensions the Rebel and ORP trucks are the same height save for the difference in tire wall. I'm no expert on the air suspension but doesn't it lower to entry mode in park making it look shorter than the Rebel?

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On steel suspensions the Rebel and ORP trucks are the same height save for the difference in tire wall. I'm no expert on the air suspension but doesn't it lower to entry mode in park making it look shorter than the Rebel?

I don't think it enters Entry/Exit mode unless you select it... at least that's how it works on my Limited.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotcha, my bad, thought it was auto.

I would have thought so as well... about the only thing it does automatically is go from between Aero and Normal.
I can set it to Aero and it will stay that way so long as I don't go over the set speed, if I do, once I slow down it goes back up to Normal.

greatone99

Reaction score
Off road group + air suspension on non-Rebel = identical to Rebel settings.
I read off rode 1 on non rebel air suspension trucks, is equal to the rebel in normal mode ,the rebel sits 1 inch higher than regular ram 1500 .

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I read off rode 1 on non rebel air suspension trucks, is equal to the rebel in normal mode ,the rebel sits 1 inch higher than regular ram 1500 .
No, the manual doesn’t cover what happens if you have both the air suspension and ORG on a non-Rebel. In such configurations, Normal = 1” lift (like the Rebel), and there is no Off Road 1 and 2...just “Off Road” (like the Rebel). So again, air + ORG in a non-Rebel = Rebel with air.

Users who are viewing this thread