5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

.ORG and air suspension

Longhorn

Reaction score
Dumb question.... might be on another thread. if I get the .ORG and the air suspension, it kind of seems like the 1in lift would cancel it self out so is worth getting both together? What are pros and cons? What would be getter to get?

19Jake

Reaction score
Worth getting ORG & air suspension together?
ORG includes:
  • Electronic locking rear differential
  • Front extra heavy-duty shock absorbers
  • Front suspension skid plate
  • Fuel tank skid plate
  • Full-size spare tire
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Off-road decals
  • Rear extra heavy-duty shock absorbers
  • Steering gear skid plate
  • Tow hooks
  • Transfer case skid plate

Last edited:

Longhorn

Reaction score
ORG package:
  • Electronic locking rear differential
  • Front extra heavy-duty shock absorbers
  • Front suspension skid plate
  • Fuel tank skid plate
  • Full-size spare tire
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Off-road decals
  • Rear extra heavy-duty shock absorbers
  • Steering gear skid plate
  • Tow hooks
  • Transfer case skid plate

I do like what the ORG comes with. The air suspension is the one that I’m not sure about.. it cancels the lift on the org and all I see are increased maintenance costs in the future

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do like what the ORG comes with. The air suspension is the one that I’m not sure about.. it cancels the lift on the org and all I see are increased maintenance costs in the future

Air does not cancel the lift... if you have a chance to look through all the threads the heights are annotated.
Any new do-dad increases maintenance costs... most of the comments seem to indicate that the system is improved over the older one which had issues in cold climates.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Dumb question.... might be on another thread. if I get the .ORG and the air suspension, it kind of seems like the 1in lift would cancel it self out so is worth getting both together? What are pros and cons? What would be getter to get?
Replied to you about this in another thread ;)

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
I like my ORG air suspension Laramie, BUT if I wasn't towing occasionally I don't think I'd go air suspension. My last vehicle had it (and worked fine with few problems for 11 years) so perhaps that positive experience with another brand has me less concerned about reliability / maintenance problems down the road. It IS handy for getting in to garages and such, but I do that infrequently enough that it wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience. The load-leveling and ease of hooking up a trailer is huge for me, and the extra 1" of off road clearance (on top of the normal ORG) when needed is nice. I do wish it was more of course;)

Users who are viewing this thread