5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orange drl

satanktm

Reaction score
Hi guys. Today I tried using JScan to enable the orange drl in my Ram. I did everything like in this video but it still doesn't work (
) . isn't this option available in all car versions? tempImageQM33jW.jpg

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Your DRL are not on when you are not in gear, so unless you put your truck in gear and E brake to take this pic it aint gonna show.
DRL should be set to blinkers.
For your truck the bottom brow would be amber, and the top would stay white.
You can turn off the top brow by turning of the "signature light".

I use ALFAOBD not jscan, so don't know if you can change it on that.

satanktm

Reaction score
yes, I know it only works on D and R but it still doesn't work. in jscan I can successfully enable the options that are in Alfa OBD and they are saved without any problem. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe add special modules in between?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
yes, I know it only works on D and R but it still doesn't work. in jscan I can successfully enable the options that are in Alfa OBD and they are saved without any problem. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe add special modules in between?
You should just need to change DRL location to Blinkers\turn signals.
Make sure it saves and let the truck do a reset. Shut the doors and sit inside for around 45 seconds until you hear an odd noise from your dash and then try again.

If not then I don't think it's really saving the setting.

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your DRL are not on when you are not in gear, so unless you put your truck in gear and E brake to take this pic it aint gonna show.
DRL should be set to blinkers.
For your truck the bottom brow would be amber, and the top would stay white.
You can turn off the top brow by turning of the "signature light".

I use ALFAOBD not jscan, so don't know if you can change it on that.
This is not true. My DRLs (currently set to my amber turn signals) are on any time my truck is on and my headlights are not activated. 2023 Laramie and they functioned the same way on my 2021 Built to serve. I also used Alfa to change my location of the DRLs but did not change any other settings regarding when the lights come on or off.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
This is not true. My DRLs (currently set to my amber turn signals) are on any time my truck is on and my headlights are not activated. 2023 Laramie and they functioned the same way on my 2021 Built to serve. I also used Alfa to change my location of the DRLs but did not change any other settings regarding when the lights come on or off.
Not how my 2022 Limited works.
I have to use an Tazer DT to have the amber on if I am not in gear, it also causes my mirrors to stay amber (which are not DRL and because of the Tazer)

This is what I have configured.
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location - Turn Signal DRL
CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present - No

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not how my 2022 Limited works.
I have to use an Tazer DT to have the amber on if I am not in gear, it also causes my mirrors to stay amber (which are not DRL and because of the Tazer)

This is what I have configured.
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location - Turn Signal DRL
CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present - No
Hm. Interesting. Both my 2021 and my 2023 function the same way. Maybe the limiteds are the only ones that have to be in gear? My dad's 2023 Big Horn with the halogen headlamps, I changed his DRLs to the turn signals as well and his also comes on as soon as the truck is turned on (if the headlights are not active).

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hm. Interesting. Both my 2021 and my 2023 function the same way. Maybe the limiteds are the only ones that have to be in gear? My dad's 2023 Big Horn with the halogen headlamps, I changed his DRLs to the turn signals as well and his also comes on as soon as the truck is turned on (if the headlights are not active).
Might just be slightly different firmware. I would expect my 2022 to behave the same as your 2023 if it's a Limited (I see it's a Laramie which had a different led unit if equipped)
Limiteds have different head light housing then led Laramie, more similar to the Trx (except the top led board on the trx is multi-color).
My truck is also weird and modded in weird ways so it's very possible something was interacting with it (my Tazer does now to override them to always be on even if my lights are on)

satanktm

Reaction score
still doesn't work. I bought AlfaOBD and tried with another Laramie but still nothing. any ideas ?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
still doesn't work. I bought AlfaOBD and tried with another Laramie but still nothing. any ideas ?
What country are you in?
Is it a 1500 or 2500 Laramie?
If you used Alfaobd did you set CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location - Turn Signal DRL

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I live in the Netherlands. 2019 ram 1500 laramie.
Are DRL enabled with Alfaobd?
While the truck is on keep the light selector knob is auto and shine a bright flashlight onto the light sensor either on the dash or the back of the rear view mirror. When the actual headlights try to turn on the Amber's will turn off.

It appears your blinkers on your mirrors are lit up, did you have your hazard son when you took the pic?

If you set this option to Canada it will force DRL on, I wonder what it is set on now? It should tell you when you go to change it
Screenshot_20240206-110352057 (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread