5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions on Headlight LED accent

beekay99

Reaction score
So I was curious, now I’m on day 4 and of course I’m still in love with my truck but starting to notice that she leaves her hair in the sink, burps, oh, wrong thread...

I was admiring the front grill, yep still loving that grill, and noticed the LED accent lighting is more subdued than the current trend on almost every modern car/truck on the road where the accent lighting is pretty bright. I can’t tell if I like that or not.

Is it just me? If I ever did want to be like all the others and get that more defined, is that hard to do?

So I was curious, now I’m on day 4 and of course I’m still in love with my truck but starting to notice that she leaves her hair in the sink, burps, oh, wrong thread...

I was admiring the front grill, yep still loving that grill, and noticed the LED accent lighting is more subdued than the current trend on almost every modern car/truck on the road where the accent lighting is pretty bright. I can’t tell if I like that or not.

Is it just me? If I ever did want to be like all the others and get that more defined, is that hard to do?
Yeah, there are old threads on this. Many vehicles have LED DRLs. These, however, are just “accent lights”...the LED headlights are used as the DRLs. So they’re more subtle, especially on sunny days. I’ve not yet seen anyone attempt to modify them, and at least one member pointed out that due to the diffuse lens, brighter lights might not show much of an improvement.

Yeah, there are old threads on this. Many vehicles have LED DRLs. These, however, are just “accent lights”...the LED headlights are used as the DRLs. So they’re more subtle, especially on sunny days. I’ve not yet seen anyone attempt to modify them, and at least one member pointed out that due to the diffuse lens, brighter lights might not show much of an improvement.
Thanks, I’ve seen some of the posts regarding the DRL’s but you do bring up a good point that it really might be due to the diffuse lens that gives it the subtle look.

So it’s 100 degrees and bright as heck here in Virginia and I can’t even tell the accents are even on compared to when they are off.

I personally like the subdued look of the accent LEDs rather that an ultra bright strip of LEDs that look like a neon sign mounted to the front grill. Plus, the accents don't turn off with the blinker, which is cool. That said, they could be a little brighter, but I still like them.20190629_175221.jpg

I personally like the subdued look of the accent LEDs rather that an ultra bright strip of LEDs that look like a neon sign mounted to the front grill. Plus, the accents don't turn off with the blinker, which is cool. That said, they could be a little brighter, but I still like them.View attachment 29774
The more I notice every other manufacturers “neon” halos or eye lashes as my kid calls them I tend to agree. But those color changing boards are pretty sweet too. Yeah, the softer accent will grow on me.

With the Tazer DT you have the option to set your turn signals as the DRL which is what I have set for my DRL. they run solid and only blink when using turn signal. IMO I like this better because they are 3x brighter than white DRL and makes me more viable during the day.

They are subtle during they day, at night when I remote start the truck, just the accent lighting comes on and I think they look pretty sweet in the darkness.

I've noticed that the accent leds will dim slightly when you physically turn on the headlights. Looks like you have to have the DRL option off to notice it, but if they are able to dim slightly it seems to me that there should be the ability to leave them in a brighter mode ? I like the idea of running the turn signals... kinda like all the Toyota trucks with the yellow DRL's but I bet they're super bright. Post a pic if you have it.....

Admittedly I wish the accent lighting were brighter.... I think it would look better than all 4 of my headlights on as my DRL's.

i Like them. I also like that no lights go off when the turn signal goes on. For some reason it irritates me when i see it happen on other cars & trucks. They have a halo and when they activate the turn signal the halo goes off.

Maybe its because I am anal about symmetry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back