5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion on Tire Brand selections?

JeremyFOwens

Reaction score
So I am trying to be conservative with my money but I know I need to upgrade my tires. I have settled on 275/60/20 since it seems to be the cheapest but still gives me more sidewall to fill out that wheel well.

These are options I was thinking about at my local Discount Tire for a set of 4 out the door without any discounts. I am giving the warranty mileage because I have never had a tire make it all the way to that warranty before having to replace it however Discount Tire does give me a prorated discount for the next set so I take it into consideration.

Falken Wildpeak A/T 3W - $1219 55k warranty
BF Goodrinch All Terrain T/A KO2 $1350 50k warranty
Pathfinder AT $937 55k warranty
Cooper Discover ATP $987 55k warranty
Cooper Discover AT3 4s $1143 60k warranty
General Grabber APT $1113 60k warranty

Suggestions, comments, concerns? Thanks for the assistance.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 275/60R20 from Discount Tire. Discount tire had them for $222 a tire. Walmart price dropped them to $180.76 a tire; so I did the price match online at Discount tire...and they matched it. Its not a bad tire; but I wouldn't call it great either. However, they only cost me $884.93 with mount, balance, and tax. My favorite A/T tire is Falken Wildpeak A/T 3w: had them on an older RAM. I went with the Pirelli for the deal I got.

Kooch80

Reaction score
I bought a set of Nokian Rotiiva AT Plus in February of 2019 for about $155 per tire. Those tires were great for me for the 7 months I used them. Awesome in the snow. Trader the truck I put them on in when I got the Rebel

Overkill77

Reaction score
Ive always ran Coopr AT3s on my last Ram and they were always amazing tires for street use and on trails while hunting or any 4x4 adventure. Great tire and I cant wait to install them again.

puba08

Reaction score
Just remember that all the big brands come with big price tags. They are all good, Nitto BFG, MT, DC, Cooper etc...
There are a lot of tires out there that cost less and handle just as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread