5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only canned responses for voice texting?

Natsdad2018

Reaction score
Crazy... have a 2019 ram limited and it wont let me dictate a voice text. All i can do is choose from 20 canned responses. Incredibly lame. Cant believe this is right? Am i missing something? I have a galaxy note 9. Thanks...

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Crazy... have a 2019 ram limited and it wont let me dictate a voice text. All i can do is choose from 20 canned responses. Incredibly lame. Cant believe this is right? Am i missing something? I have a galaxy note 9. Thanks...
I agree. I have the same issue. Find it hard to believe we cant dictate a message.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Baked in Nav/Phone options are usually rather lame... Android Auto or Car Play are infinitely more useful.

Bram2019

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ram with Uconnect. Has the same lame 20 canned text responses. Hard to believe after 8 years still the same.

Kidder

Reaction score
I have a 2011 Ram with Uconnect. Has the same lame 20 canned text responses. Hard to believe after 8 years still the same.
My 2016 had full voice to text capability with uconnect. When they went to Android Auto/Apple Car Play, they went to canned uconnect text messages.

dswoboda2120

Reaction score
Use android auto. Hold down the speak button and it will use your connected device over the stock radio.

TrackDay

Reaction score
Yes, my 16 had full voice to text as well with UConnect. I realize now it's only available with Android Auto or Car Play but if so, why is the option still there in the messages menu for voice to text? The UConnect voice only prompts me for canned messages however.
Just seems like they took something away from us late in the game for 2019 and didn't complete the menu changes to agree with it.

jmac

Reaction score
I have the same issue. My 16 had it and it was awesome. my 19 is a later build truck and still the same. I did complain to Ram. they only said they will forward my issue to the tech team.. Hopefully with the next update..

Kidder

Reaction score
This is the route FCA chose to go. My wife's 2018 Pacifica has the same canned messages with Uconnect. They want you to use Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

LouD.

Reaction score
This is the route FCA chose to go. My wife's 2018 Pacifica has the same canned messages with Uconnect. They want you to use Android Auto or Apple Car Play.

“They” want me to use AA or ACP? Well. I, the consumer that just paid them a large sum of money and will continue to do so over the next 5 years, want to use the feature that has worked flawlessly in previous models and was listed as a feature at the time of deciding whether or not to purchase this vehicle.
Sorry for the resurrection, but I haven’t been able to find a definitive answer: has this or will this be addressed? What a major disappointment!

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm coming from a 2015 8.4AN to the 12" and I was tearing my hair out until a Uconnect rep finally said that because of customer demand, free form voice text is now performed with Android Auto or Carplay. I wouldn't mind that so much with the exception that I paid extra for NAV and every time I text my Nav goes away and Android auto appears. Then I have to manually get back to where I was. Very disappointed in the Kludge way they implemented it.

Users who are viewing this thread