5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Only 12 stations in SXM?

U

User_6565

So, am I missing something or are we really limited to saving ONLY 12 stations/channels in SiriusXM (on uconnect 12)? My Tacoma was able to store a whole lot more than that as is my wife’s Outback.
I’m hoping it’s just a case of user error on my part...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Keep turning the right knob.., there’s endless. The ones on top you see are probably favorites

U

User_6565

Right, we get something like 200 channels, but I can only save or favorite 12. In my 2016 Tacoma I was able to save dozens.
If I have, let’s say, 20 channels I like to switch between, I can’t seem to save them all.

Boozygoose

Reaction score
So, am I missing something or are we really limited to saving ONLY 12 stations/channels in SiriusXM (on uconnect 12)? My Tacoma was able to store a whole lot more than that as is my wife’s Outback.
I’m hoping it’s just a case of user error on my part...

Yes, we are stuck with 12 presets. And yes, all my other vehicles allow more presets.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Dang you guys are good as I only have three favorite stations that I listen to. But as already answered you can save 12 . Must have been the lucky number for someone who did the programming.

U

User_6565

Grrrr....
Well, if this ends up being my biggest complaint, I shall remain very happy.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I remember twisting the tuner knob to slowly find the right spot on the dial to tune into a station. To my dismay, I had to actually pull out the black plastic button where I wanted to save that magic station, and then completely depress that same button to save that station. I was like "WOW" when my new car went from 4 buttons to 5. And, "HOLY SH**" as we progressed from 8 track, to cassette and then the pinnacle...CD's. I don't know how I'm going to survive on only 12 presets (FM), 12 presets (AM), 12 presets (SXM) and unlimited Apple Car Play. Where's the humanity...Not being a smart ***...just trying to have a bit of fun, and reminiscing.

U

User_6565

I remember twisting the tuner knob to slowly find the right spot on the dial to tune into a station. To my dismay, I had to actually pull out the black plastic button where I wanted to save that magic station, and then completely depress that same button to save that station. I was like "WOW" when my new car went from 4 buttons to 5. And, "HOLY SH**" as we progressed from 8 track, to cassette and then the pinnacle...CD's. I don't know how I'm going to survive on only 12 presets (FM), 12 presets (AM), 12 presets (SXM) and unlimited Apple Car Play. Where's the humanity...Not being a smart ***...just trying to have a bit of fun, and reminiscing.

Sure, I remember when the family would listen to 8 track while I was being driven around as a child. And cassettes, CDs, then USB drives and, of course, streaming music through Pandora, Spotify and satellite. In all cases, the progression was to get better instead of worse technology...better (and more) conveniences rather than going the other way.
Call me crazy, but I don't like going backwards.

As I've said, if this is the only thing I can complain about, all is good. And, the only time I really use SiriusXM is when my wife is in the vehicle with me, so she can play the role of DJ.

mike12193

Reaction score
Maybe a future software update will address this if we call FCA.

YEAH RIGHT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kstatecat

Reaction score
I believe it starts saving whats on the presets on startup. That way when you switch presets you get the start of the song. Believe I read that in the owners manual. At least that is what my truck does.

John813

Reaction score
My previous fords, sync 1 and 2, could save 6 stations, if I could recall correctly. Not sure how many the latest sync(3) can save.

Users who are viewing this thread