5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omron H7EC

AlexO45

Reaction score
After buying my truck, I found a device under the front passenger seat hanging with a wire. The device connected by a wire has a logo labeled "Omron H7EC". It has a small screen with digital numbers. I took it to the dealership I bought it from for them to investigate, but no one knows what it is. They advised me to bring to another dealership where they got the truck from and they don't have a clue either. The only thing we found is that the driver seat has it too. The rep from the 2nd dealership also found out that every time you press on the seat the number increases. It seems to count every time someone seats, but for what purpose we both do not know.

Can anyone help me with this? Is it somethinbg that needs to be in there? Is it hindering me to use some feature in my truck or is it something that is normally in every 5th gen?

Thank you in advance!!!

It's a digital counter for sure but why will continue to be a mystery. From a data collection standpoint, it's an odd metric to capture.
I agree, I am not sure if it's supposed to remain there or it needs to be removed. Both dealership mentioned that it is not stock to the Ram.

The link you sent, the photo in there is exactly what it is. Only difference is, it is a small black box instead of white.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

It's your truck so you can do whatever you want with it.

I'd actually be interested in the counters if you wanted to get rid of them.

It could be part of a new subscription service that RAM will offer. You will get so many free seatings and then you will have to renew the subscription to be allowed to again sit in the seat. I can see this being abused by owners, they can switch the counters from the passenger seat to the driver's seat to get more mileage.

Turning my imagination off. Somebody purposely installed the counting units and it wasn't RAM. I think that it may have been the seat manufacturer, they were preparing to run the seats through some type of wear test, and for some reason, the test was scrapped, and the seats found their way to the plant before anyone removed the counters. That is my best guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back