5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay. I screwed up

clglenn

Reaction score
Back on October 29, 2021, my 2020 ram 1500 BH got rear-ended. I couldn't find a shop to get me in for repairs for a minimum of 3 months so I accepted my insurance payout as settlement. I ordered an aftermarket bumper and everything that I needed to get it installed. I disconnected the harness, dropped the damaged bumper and started transplanting the harness. This is where I screwed up. The original started sliding off and I grabbed it by the harness and ripped out the connector for one of the license plate lamps. I've been searching for months, but all I can find is complete replacement harnesses. I don't really want to replace the entire harness for one connector. That's a costly mistake on my part. Does anyone know what connectors the LED license plate lights use? I've bought several different types off a well known auction site and only spent a few dollars doing so, but I can't find the right connector.

MLB12

Reaction score
This is the place you find MOPAR connector repair kits; Mopar Connection Repair Kit

There appears to be a repair kit available under Part Number 68137868AA. Depending on which MOPAR site you go to it is anywhere from ~$55.00-85.00.
I just did a further check and they're sold out on EBay, but some of the various MOPAR/MOPAR Dealers show stock.

clglenn

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the information. I appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread