5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok so we can't discuss guns here?

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I checked the rules and there is no mention of not mentioning guns as of the date of this thread or prior to the date of this thread. But I'm assuming it's an unwritten rule since a couple of threads that are extremely important to our 2nd amendment rights just went poof. I understand there is no 1st amendment protections on privately owned forums (been running forums since the late 90s), but there should at least be clearer rules on what's not allowed to be discussed imo.

I checked the rules and there is no mention of not mentioning guns as of the date of this thread or prior to the date of this thread. But I'm assuming it's an unwritten rule since a couple of threads that are extremely important to our 2nd amendment rights just went poof. I understand there is no 1st amendment protections on privately owned forums (been running forums since the late 90s), but there should at least be clearer rules on what's not allowed to be discussed imo.
Maybe because it's a truck forum and not a gun forum? But this is off topic discussion area, so you'd think that would fit. It might also be possible that these types of discussions about guns get out of hand quickly. Just my thoughts.

Neither of the threads I'm referring to (yes I started them and I'm not all that upset, just wondering why) have both gone poof. The first one was nowhere near getting out of control. The second didn't get a chance to go one way or the other.

Maybe it's because the titles were not pc and if that's the case then so be it. I am in no way politically correct :D

Neither of the threads I'm referring to (yes I started them and I'm not all that upset, just wondering why) have both gone poof. The first one was nowhere near getting out of control. The second didn't get a chance to go one way or the other.

Maybe it's because the titles were not pc and if that's the case then so be it. I am in no way politically correct :D
That could be. A lot of people don't realize that moderators and admins try to balance between what everyone wants. If posts get reported alot, it's easier to remove them then keep dealing with it. I've been on the admin side and it's a difficult balance. People scream censorship, snowflake, left, right or whatever else BS the want to justify keeping them or removing them. It's exhausting sometimes. Someone will get butt hurt no matter what course of action is taken (leaving or deleting posts).

Last edited:
I mean... for what though? Its a RAM 1500 forum. Not a gun forum. Plenty of threads on reddit and other forums with any brand firearm and even a general gun threads if you want to post and talk about guns. I have plenty of firearms myself and am on a few forums for them. Example for me and im sure many others, we come here to read about and see our trucks, not guns. Go somewhere else for it unless it concerns safes, holsters, or storing them IN your truck FOR your gun.

Nope. Not here. Never. No how.

But you know, since this is America and not all those that live here are commies.....

I read and post about non truck stuff with like minded truck guys in the Off Topic section. For strictly truck stuff I stick in the many truck threads provided here.

Last edited:
Nope. Not here. Never. No how.

But you know, since this is America and not all those that live here are commies.....

I read and post about non truck stuff with like minded truck guys in the Off Topic section. For strictly truck stuff I stick in the many truck threads provided here.

Nice!

I don’t see why not. Did you send a message to any of the mods?

I deleted a few threads in the past few days, yours might have been included . The ones I deleted weren’t due to guns, but rather the political stuff.

Hmm I guess they could be considered politicaly tinted. I think the first one had one political like comment as part of the overall comment. Can't say about the second one as I didn't see any replies before it went poof. The originating posts had nothing to do with politics though :D

Hmm I guess they could be considered politicaly tinted. I think the first one had one political like comment as part of the overall comment. Can't say about the second one as I didn't see any replies before it went poof. The originating posts had nothing to do with politics though :D
“F**k Mexico” and “New York is effing crazy” are hardly gun-enthusiast threads. They’re political threads that concern guns.
I hope you understand the distinction I’m making here. If you want to discuss your favorite caliber, great. But we can’t have politics around here anymore. It’s just too toxic.

“F**k Mexico” and “New York is effing crazy” are hardly gun-enthusiast threads. They’re political threads that concern guns.
I hope you understand the distinction I’m making here. If you want to discuss your favorite caliber, great. But we can’t have politics around here anymore. It’s just too toxic.

Ok so the titles were not pc but the actual threads were about court cases, not political, it's all good though.

General consensus among the mods is that no purely political posts are allowed, even in OT, particularly because they get out of hand and become toxic.

I've pushed to keep the MEME/PIC stuff open only as an outlet to keep it out of all the other forums/threads. There may come a time that it all just gets too out of hand and too much to manage and is entirely banned. I'd say it's 50/50 at best with the staff right now if it stays or goes.

That said, anyone is welcome to scroll right by anything they think they may find offensive.

Your favorite gun forum, reddit, and countless other outlets can satisfy the need to engage others on those topics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back