5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil pan leaking

Shmam-20

Reaction score
My 5th gen ram oil pan had a bad leak I got 70k miles on it, no extended warranty. Any ideas how this could have happen I haul my dump trailer most of time but I don’t ever gas it crazy always take it slow. I honestly always get these bad luck on vehicles got it with 3k miles so I don’t understand. I’m hoping I don’t have to pull the motor out but I know most like I will have to anyone wanna help?

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
My 5th gen ram oil pan had a bad leak I got 70k miles on it, no extended warranty. Any ideas how this could have happen I haul my dump trailer most of time but I don’t ever gas it crazy always take it slow. I honestly always get these bad luck on vehicles got it with 3k miles so I don’t understand. I’m hoping I don’t have to pull the motor out but I know most like I will have to anyone wanna help?
could you take a picture of where the leak is?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Look like anything hit the pan? Someone here mentioned having a lift and changed the angle of the sway bar so that it was real close to the oil pan

Grimgreg

Reaction score
Not sure on these new ones, but I was able to fix my bosses' 98 pan gasket without pulling the engine or front diff. It was a PITA, but doable. Hope it still is.

Users who are viewing this thread