5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oil leaking from the front axle

DKu

Reaction score
I have a new 2021 Big Horn 4x4 purchased in April. I just discovered today oil leaks on the floor, right at the front axle. Can someone tell me what component this is and how it might happen? I plan to go back to the dealership tomorrow but would like to diagnose the problem first. Thanks in advance,
LeakingOil3.jpeg
LeakingOil2.jpeg
LeakingOil1.jpeg

It's dripping off the axle housing but it's hard to tell where it's coming from.

Driving will stir up the wind under the truck and spread that oil e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e.

If you're curious you can try and trace where you think it is coming from and compare that to what the dealership tells you. There's not a lot of room to root around under there, especially if you don't lift the truck, so you'll want an inspection mirror.

Since it's under warranty I would take it to the dealership and let them sort it out. It could be anything from a non-tightened fitting to a broken part/system. You've got plenty of time left on your warranty that if it happens again you can take it back in for another attempt.

Just my .02

Thank you, brian42. I left the truck with the dealer now.

Might be a leak at the engine oil filter which is directly above the actuator and differential

Users who are viewing this thread

Back